I keep on receiving a request to change my password. I do this and I still receive this request. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 7 64 bit, professional edition

on an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

4.0 Gb RAM.

WHServer in on a

Compaq Preario

Intel P4 266 GHz with 2 Gb RAM

I start the Windows 7 computer and I receive at ballon note indication that my passwords do not match.

Using the suggested link I update my password, then I receive a screen response indicating user locked out try again.

I logon remotely change the password to match my user logon with Windows 7 and all is OK for a while.

I leave the system running to attend to a client, come back and the request pops up again.

I have changed my password on both the Windows 7 and the WHServer to match, using both 'keep server password' and 'keep computer password'.

The WHServer is connected to the ADSL, and automatic updates are on and active.

• Edited by Olaf EngelkeModerator Tuesday, March 2, 2010 11:05 PM Removed formatting information incorrectly shown
    Monday, March 1, 2010 7:15 AM

Answers

• Okay you might want to try this:

From the start menu select Run and type (in Vista/W7 just type it into the search or open a command prompt):
    rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

Select your server from the list and hit remove.

Log off (or reboot your Windows 7 Machine) try to update your password one more time.  Should do the trick.

Cheers,
    Al

--
    Monday, March 8, 2010 2:38 PM

All replies

• If the account is disabled you should enable it from the Windows Home Server Console.  Also be sure that you are setting the password for the correct user - it must match *exactly*.

Cheers,
    Al

--
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 4:26 PM
  • Thank you Al for your reply.

I feel I need to clarify this even further.  I am a User not Administrator on the Windows 7 computer.
    I log onto the WHS as the user, not the administrator.
    The WHS reconises me as that user and the passwords match.
    I have removed the user account and computer from the WHS and restablished the connection and the problem continues.

Is it that being a user (with limited access) and not the Admiistrator could cause the problem?

Just a thought!

Thanks again.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 3:55 AM
  • Okay you might want to try this:

From the start menu select Run and type (in Vista/W7 just type it into the search or open a command prompt):
    rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

Select your server from the list and hit remove.

Log off (or reboot your Windows 7 Machine) try to update your password one more time.  Should do the trick.

Cheers,
    Al

--
    Monday, March 8, 2010 2:38 PM
  • Al,

Thankyou for the assistance, this has solved the problem. I am not receiving any further requests to change my password.

Regards!

Friday, March 19, 2010 10:32 PM