Help on hardware RRS feed

Answers

• I would go with a MB that has either no integrated graphics, or the most basic possible integrated graphics. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with the board. It has Windows Server 2003 drivers, which is the big thing.

I would recommend that you not bother with the RAID drivers, because you won't use RAID (I think you'll have to configure the SATA ports as Legacy IDE), and that you not bother with the sound drives (disable audio) because it's a server and you won't be using it for iTunes. Smile
    Friday, October 12, 2007 12:15 AM

All replies

• I would go with a MB that has either no integrated graphics, or the most basic possible integrated graphics. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with the board. It has Windows Server 2003 drivers, which is the big thing.

I would recommend that you not bother with the RAID drivers, because you won't use RAID (I think you'll have to configure the SATA ports as Legacy IDE), and that you not bother with the sound drives (disable audio) because it's a server and you won't be using it for iTunes. Smile
    Friday, October 12, 2007 12:15 AM
  • Hi Ken

I installed WHS on a Compaq D530 with 1,2GB with RAM, and the only issue was the drivers to the Broadcom NIC which i had to download from Broadcom. I downloaded the Win XP and Win 2000 drivers and together the installation went well. HP/CPQ didnt have them for Win server 2003. After that everything have function perfect(so far), even backup of my other computers worked without any problems.

I will buy a smaller server later as this one takes to much space.

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:47 AM