Running Windows 7 without problems, Installed win 10, rolled back to Win 7 and now need validation and update tool won't work RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running Windows 7 without a problem.  I tried win 10, it installed fine, no validation needed and it screwed up an install of Norton.  I rolled back to Windows 7.  I tried to upgrade to Win 10 again, this time it said that I needed to validate before i could proceed.  I canceled the update and now when I load Win 7 it says I need to validate it.  I logged on to the website the message referred me to and downloaded the windows activation update tool.  When I run it I get the message: "update installation failed.  error information: 0x80072eFD (0). 

This is the reason I dumped Win 10 the first time because I kept getting this message.

How do I get out of this cycle.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:22 AM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool

(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once saved, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.

To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.x

- in your own thread, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Having said that, the error code 0x80072eFD mplies that there is a problem with your Internet connection, and you should check that out as a priority.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:52 AM