"How do you find out if your ad is live?" and "How do you want to find out if your ad is live?" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Our customer service teams are conducting a study and would like your help in sharing your answers to the following questions:

1. How Do you Find Out Whether Your Ad is Live?

and

2. How Do You Want to Find Out If Your Ad is Live?

In other words, what steps do you take today to figure out if your ads are live, and, in an ideal world, what would these steps be?

If you could please pipe in here and let us know your answers to these questions, we would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:22 AM

All replies

• Howdy Carolyn,

I  guess the way I do it is if my campaign is getting impressions or not.  I figure if it is then it must be live and active.  However, I think it varied by keyword right?  So maybe the status column could be better defined.

As an example if you look at one of my campaigns running now called downloadable ebooks.   When I look at the CampaignSummary.aspx page the status says Submitted.  When I look at the OrderSummary.aspx page the status also says submitted.  However, when I look at the PFPPricing.aspx page all my keywords have a status of Approved.  So what does this Status column actually mean?

Thanks,
    Smile dave.

Friday, August 24, 2007 6:29 PM
  • Typically I look for impressions after creating a new ad and sometimes do searches on my keywords to see if the ads are showing. 

I would like for there to be a feature like Google has that is simply a mouseover beside the keywords to see if they are live and if not what the problem likely is.  At the very least I would like an email following editorial review of my new ads informing me that it is or isn't live, and if not, why not. 
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 11:37 AM
  • This is one area where MSN could really improve.  I'd like to be able to run a report showing the status of ads and keywords:  pending, active, deleted, rejecte, etc.  This would give a quick snapshot of exactly what's going on with my account.

In addition, often the information shown in the adCenter interface is incorrect.  I've had more than one instance where a keyword/ad shows "Active" in the interface, yet isn't showing up on searches on MSN/Live - and it's turned out the keyword was either rejected, or the bid was too low to show.  This stuff should all show up in the interface and in a report we can run.

Melissa

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:17 PM
  •  

Currently, I test to find if my ads are live through a combination of impression stats as well as searching on Live.com.

It would be nice to be able to run a report to check ad status for an entire account... as it would be ideal having the option to run status reports for keywords as well...

It would also be great if adCenter had a 'test search tool' similar to the Ad Targeting Preview Tool Google has available for the purpose of preventing the impressions added during 'test searches' for visibility.

I would think this to be especially beneficial to adCenter because the tool could be expanded to test demographic and not just geotargeted searches, assisting adCenter with their unique demographic targeting. 

The interface allows a location to be selected so that one is able to check ads they may be only running in other parts of their country or the world... and for adCenter could include demographic alterations to check ad visibility.

https://adwords.google.com/select/AdTargetingPreviewTool

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:14 PM