...if I do not get the points I should receive? RRS feed

• General discussion

• For fun I looked up the point values for posts in the FAQ and counted up the total of points I should have based on the points count and the answers count (NOT including the helpful votes which I have a lot of), My profile is currently at:

The points are counted as (from here ):

Action
    You reply to a question started by another user
    Your reply is marked as the answer
    Your reply is voted as being helpful
    5 x (# of votes)

By my calculations (1981*2 (3962) + 355*10 (3550)) it should equal 7512 , yet my profile only shows 7023 . Just wondering where did those 500 points go?
    I don't want to be a crybaby about this, but I'm curious to see what is going on... *(and also reporting this based on:
    What should I do if I do not get the points I should receive?
    There may be cases where you feel that the system has not properly awarded you points for a particular action. While we have taken precautions to cover all scenarios, errors may still occur. If you feel that your points are showing a significant error, please report it to the Bug Reporting Forum.)

Thanks in advance for any explanation on this.
    -JoelbX
    Hey there! Please reply back promptly so we can answer your problem faster!

JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Visit websites
    • Changed type JoelbX Friday, November 27, 2009 3:30 PM
    • Changed type JoelbX Friday, November 27, 2009 3:31 PM
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 1:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Joel,

The rules are correct with a couple of exceptions.

1) Replies on a "General" type thread doesn't count for 2 points. I've noticed on threads that you participated that you have around 81 General discussions that you participated in. Points doesn't count for this type of thread.

2) Any replies that you've made against a thread that you started doesn't count as well.

Depending on how many replies you've made for the above exceptions, your points may vary.

Thanks.
    Forums Test Lead
    Monday, November 16, 2009 8:57 PM
  • Ah, that makes sense...

I'll add a forum suggestion then: Update the FAQ to reflect what you just told me so other people don't ask the same question I did!!

Thanks for the reply....
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Email me | 'Gadget' programs: Visit websites
    Monday, November 16, 2009 9:43 PM
  • Thanks.
    Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:24 PM