storage space RRS feed

• Question

• in my media folders I have run out of  space but I have 2 other hard drives installed on the machine that have 2tb of space my videos folder only has 3 gigs left any help on this  one?

scott smith

Sunday, April 1, 2012 1:12 PM

Answers

• Use the Dashboard to move the location of your folders. Dashboard, Server Folders & Hard Drives, Server Folders - select the folder you want to move and run (in the right hand pane) "Move the folder". This will not help if your media is larger than the drive you are moving it to.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

If your media is larger than the drive you are moving it to, you may need a 3rd party solution such as Drobo, Stablebit, or Raid.

Won't make a recommendation so do your homework.

• Marked as answer by grumpshack Sunday, April 1, 2012 2:23 PM
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 2:12 PM
  • Thanks that helped alot ~~!!

scott smith

Sunday, April 1, 2012 2:23 PM

All replies

• Use the Dashboard to move the location of your folders. Dashboard, Server Folders & Hard Drives, Server Folders - select the folder you want to move and run (in the right hand pane) "Move the folder". This will not help if your media is larger than the drive you are moving it to.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, April 1, 2012 1:20 PM

If your media is larger than the drive you are moving it to, you may need a 3rd party solution such as Drobo, Stablebit, or Raid.

Won't make a recommendation so do your homework.

Sunday, April 1, 2012 2:12 PM
  • Thanks that helped alot ~~!!

scott smith

Sunday, April 1, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Downgrade to WHS v1.  That's what I did.

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Thanks that helped alot ~~!!

scott smith

BullDawg
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 2:40 PM