WHS Media Library Will Not Display Pictures, Videos or Music RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a newbie with WHS 2011 (up until now I had WHS 2003). When I log on remotley to my Remote Web Access, I am able to connect to my client  PCs and am able to access all my shared folders.  However, when I try to access my media library, pictures are not displayed and music and videos cannot be played.  The Media Library view on the home page displays icons for pics, videos and music (see below).  All of the subfolders and actual media are also all displayed as icons.  Can anyone help explain why thisis happening ans how to fix it?  Thanks.

Bob

Pictures, music and video are all now displayed.  Appears that it took WHS 2011 quite a while to index all of the media, but after about 4 days everything displayed properly.

• Edited by bobdb2 Saturday, August 4, 2012 11:22 PM Problem Solved
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:27 PM

All replies

• The media library functionality requires Silverlight to be installed on the remote computer. Is Silverlight installed? Has your remote access site been added to the client's trusted sites?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

When you tried to open the Pictures/Music/Videos, have you received any pop up notifications?

At the same time, please let me know your web browser version. Also I suggest that you could visit the URL (https://<Server_FQDN>/remote) in the IE web browser on the server side to verify the Pictures/Music/Videos could be opened or not.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Silverlight is installed on all of my client PCs.  Added my remote access site to "trusted Sites" but still can't see pictures of videos.  Instead, no matter how far down I drill into my folders, all I see are the icons shown in the above screenshot.

Thanks.

Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:15 AM
  • James -

No pop-up notices when I try to open pictures. All I see when I click on albums or folders is the same icons that are seen on the above screen shot. 

Browser is IE 9.0.8112.16421. 

Visited teh URL of my home server in the IE web browser on the sever side.  Still can only see the icons and not the ppictures.

Thanks. 

Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:30 AM
  • Ken -

Not sure whethr my last reply was submitted, so at the risk of duplication, Silverlight is installed on all my client PCs.  Added my remore access site to the clients trusted sites and still am only able to see the icons and not the actual files.

Thanks.

Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:32 AM