Unable to get the new version of WHS Connector. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and just reimaged my HP Home Server which is headless and now I am unable to access the server once attempting to upgrade the WHS Connector.  The Connector said there was an update available and the current one was not compatible but the current version is 6.0.2423.0, this is what is currently installed and seems to be the one which continues to be installed. 

How do you get the WHS to update the client?  I have been unable to find anything which helps get the most current version of the connector downloaded on to the Home Server.

Please help....

Thank you for any assistance.
    Bryan
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 6:46 PM

Answers

• Since you reinstalled your home server - did you run through the OOBE process (during which the server gets the name and console password assigned)?
    This relies on the client, therefore it is recommended to uninstall the connector software on the client, which is hosting the Server recovery process before starting that task. (I also would recommend to avoid automatic updates to patch the server before the OOBE part has been completed.
    Can you install the connector software from http://yourservername:55000?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 8:48 PM