Your tool sucks! RRS feed

• Question

• Watch this: http://adras.wodkapower.de/public/Win7FixItFail.png

It's just worth nothing!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:54 PM

All replies

• AdrAs

While I'm no expert at the FixIt center it might be helpful for us, here in the community if you would run it English and post the results again.  Unless the point you were trying to make was that it reported back in another language

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Alright so I had someone translate it:

Hardware and Devices

The Troubleshooting is finished

It was determined that there are problems with your system.  Unfortunately not all corrections were able to be applied successfully.  Click on “More”, in order to display further possible options for a solution to the problem.

Found Problems                                                                                                          Correction Status

Fast-Ethernet-Network Card for Realtek RTL8139/810x-Family is …                             Not resolved

Bluetooth-Periphery Device has no driver at its disposal.                                                Not resolved

Bluetooth-Periphery Device has no driver at its disposal.                                                Not resolved

Audio Controller for Multimedia has no driver at its disposal.                                        Not resolved

PCI-Input Device  has no driver at its disposal.                                                                   Not resolved

Hardware changes were probably not recognized                                              Recognized

Display Report Details

More

Can you post the results for the Display Report Details?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Dear AdrAs,

Apologize for the experience that you encountered.  I understand that this may be difficult. 

Unfortunately, as much as Fix It center try to be intelligent and help people solve problems automatically, there are limitation on what it can do.

For example, in your case above, it seems to me that you have some hardware device that require a 3rd party device driver.  If this 3rd party driver is not available from Windows Update, then Fix It Center would not be able to automatically fix this problem.  (Fix It Center could only detect and inform you of this problem.  And in this case, you would need to download the device driver from 3rd party, or install from installation CD provided by the 3rd party.)

Other issues that it cannot resolves may include: Printer Paper Jams, or not plugged-in with power, etc.

On the other hand, I would also invite you to go to "Microsoft Fix It Center Online".  You will see a link "Go to Microsoft Fix It Center Online..." at the bottom of your "Microsoft Fix It Center" application window.

If you click that link, you will be brought to the online portal.  Once you login you should see your diagnostics histories, and see some KB articles or how-to or other relevant solutions that might be available for your particular issues.  Hence you can continue your self-help research from there.

If all else fail, the online portal gives user a way to open a support request with Microsoft, through Online Assisted Support option.  So you will be in touch with an actual support engineer.

This is the current design philosophy and approach with V1 of Fix It Center.  And we would like to hear your constructive feedback on what you might think should be improved or changed.

Thanks a lot,

Clement

Thursday, April 22, 2010 4:51 PM
  • For driver update problems, please install DriverEasy:

http://www.drivereasy.com/

Trader2100
    Friday, April 23, 2010 4:48 PM
  • This is not a solution, nor would I recommend using it

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:50 AM
  • hi i have a question aboutThe Troubleshooting is finished. when i click on display report details  nothing appears to me. my page is blank. why?
    Monday, November 21, 2011 7:32 AM
  • I think you will find that a largish number of users have been telling the moderators that Fix-It Center O-LIne is not working and has not worked for at least 4-5 weeks. I have posted twice to this effect already.  All that has happened  is that someone has told me that I've posted in the wrong forum and moved my posting so that I can no longer find it, so........ I will try once again (How does it go: "Listen very carefully. I shall say this only once.....")

After I downloaded the Fix-It Center program and registered with Fix-It Center On-Line it worked for me briefly. After several days I found that I could no longer access iFix-Ut Center On-Line. I was asked to sign up again (As I've said, I had already registered) so I re-registered. I then entered a recursive loop which I could only get out of by closing the program. The site displayed the error message: "There may be a problem with the site."

Has any of the moderators taken this problem on board?  If not, please could you do so, and then let is know what action is being taken to rectify the problem?

Geoff Powers
    • Edited by geoff.powers Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:49 PM omission
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:46 PM
  • I apologize for your experience.  It only come to my attention just now.  Allow me to see if I could help.

First, I would like apologize for the lack of response.  Because Fix It Center is still under Beta program, we generally lacked resource in monitoring forum threads.

Regarding your problem, based on your description, I'm not yet sure if you encounter problem with the Fix It Center Online portal, or the Fix It Center Online Client program.

How about this... can we try this to isolate the issue?

Can you please try go to http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/

Simply click "Sign In" button on the upper right hand corner, and see if you can sign in the the portal using your current Live ID (that you have previously registered).  See if you can sign in.

Then second thing is, try see if you can completely uninstall the Fix It Center Client program (from the Control Panel->Add Remove Program).  Then download and re-install the program.  Let me know if and what error you see.

Regards,

Clement

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Following your link I go to the Fix-It Center On-Line front page.  It asks me to sign in.  The page won't load, I go into the recursive loop as described in my posting, I get the message 'There may be a problem with the site', and have to close the page in order to escape.

I am rather busy right now.  I will experiment later with deleting the program via Add/Remove Programs and downloading it afresh.

Geoff Powers
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:21 PM
  • I deleted Fix-It Center Online and downloaded and installed, re-registering;

it required me to use a different username and password.  However, the problems decsibed above are still present.

The installed Fix-It Centre was not deleted, as it seems to be working without any problem, including with the recent beta upgrades which I installed yesterday.

Geoff Powers
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:42 PM
  •  

Based on your earlier reply, you seems to be having basic problem with even logging in to the Fix it Center Online portal.  Therefore, let's not jump to troubleshoot the client program yet.  Let's try to solve this issues one at a time.

You mentioned that you go to the link http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/ and you clicked "Sign In", and then "the page won't load"....

Can you clarify exactly which page won't load?  I presume that when you say the page won't load you are seeing either a blank page, or a page with error message?  Can you copy the URL of that page from the web browser address bar, and paste that in your message on this forum?

I have a suspicion that you are having problem with Live ID sign-in page.  But I would like to confirm this by knowing the URL (if you could paste it here) of the page you are having problem.

Let me further ask you this question.  Are you using Internet Explorer?  Or some other browser like Firefox?  And what version are you using?  And if you use Internet Explorer, did you somehow put any Microsoft web site on trusted website list?

Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:03 PM