none
Microsoft Trips and Streets 2013 Optimization of Route Planner RRS feed

• Question

• I have Microsoft Trips and Streets 2011 and I loaded a route with 125 stops on it.  When I ask that the program "optimize stops" it thinks for a minute or so and then comes up with this error message: Unable to get directions from, (my first stop to my second stop, listing the addresses) One of the areas may not contain necessary connectors such as ferry routes or main roads.  Move one or both of the stops and try again.  You try and try and try and it never will optimize the stops and I have a route that takes me from North West Phoenix to Maricopa, AZ, one stop to the other.  It does not move one stop so you end up with the stops as you entered them.  I downloaded Microsoft Trips and Streets 2013 and it still does the same thing.  I have been using the program for months now and this is the first time I am getting this error message. I have built many routes and they have always "optimized" properly. Right now, I'm at a complete stand still.
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:56 AM

All replies

• That is a lot of stops.  Some software/devices have limits to the number of points you can put in route, 40max on older Garmin 60csx device for example.  Try breaking it into 3 separate routes
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:55 PM