adding "Comment" field to a timesheet report RRS feed

• Question

• (Project Server 2010)

Where can i find the "Comment" field of timesheet lines in database?

there is a field in MSP_TimesheetLine table that have tha date of sending Coments but i couldn't find the content of comments...

It happend for Project Tasks. I have Content of Comments for"Personal Tasks".

could anyone help me in this?

Monday, August 15, 2011 10:48 AM

All replies

• Monday, August 15, 2011 1:11 PM
  • I have seen that post.

I know where the table an field is, but I have seen This in the "Comment Field":

1. If task is relpated to a project, Comment=date of Submitting the Comment

2. If task is "Personal Task", Comment is True (It shows the text that resource typed).

How can i find the content of Comment field for project tasks?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:52 AM
  • I'm having a similar issue. Here's what I found so far:

1. If not in Single Entry mode, then you can enter the comment on your timesheet line (Even for a task) and it will be saved in the reporting database, in the TimesheetLine table, in the Comment field.
    2. If using the Single Entry Mode (SEM), then when you enter the comment, it is first saved to this same field. Then you submit your timesheet and it goes to the PM for approval as task update. When the PM approves it, then the value in the Comment field gets replaced by the approver's name with a date stamp
    3. The actual value of the comment is then stored in the "Notes" field of the task (Or is it the assignment?). You can see this by clicking on the task name in the timesheet, you will see the history of all the updates on this task. If you scroll all the way down of this task details page, you will see a "Notes" area with your comment in it.

My question is: Can we prevent this from happening? Or, if we can't, how do we report on this "Notes" field?

Monday, October 17, 2011 5:24 PM