Failed To Create Folder Pair. RRS feed

• Question

• I assume that I receive this error dialog message:

Failed To Create Folder Pair.
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Syncronization.Files, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of it's dependencies.

When attempting to create my first sync pair (between a network share and a local drive).

Because SyncFramework v1 is not installed. (But v2 is.)

Even though the Sync Toy installation log says it's not needed, and doesn't install it:

Property: [SyncFrameworkServiceInstalled] = 1 {int}
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi'
    Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'SyncFrameworkServiceInstalled' and value '1': true
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi' is 'Bypass'
    'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 (x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
    Launching Application.
    Using MsiInstallProduct with package path 'x:\87321138a7d461c38b991a5cec6b6988\SynctoySetup.msi' and command line ''
    MsiInstallProduct returned '0'

Vista x64, SyncToy 2.0 x64, administrative accounts and access. Nothing in the verbose SyncToy log. Also rebooted the computer before attempting to run SyncToy the first time after installation ... even though technically that wasn't necessary.
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:08 PM

Answers

• Sync V2 and V1 upgrade story is not finalized yet.

For now, please try to uninstall sync V2 and then run SyncToy installation again.

Thursday, January 1, 2009 4:43 PM
    Answerer