none
Can't Post in a Forum today RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday and for many days earlier, I could post answers to the Dynamics / GP user forum.  Today I cannot.  What's up?

I was able to post answers to the Partners / GP forum with no problems

Richard L. Whaley Consultant, Author www.AccoladePublications.com
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Richard,

Please reply back with the specific URL to the Forum you're having difficulties (issues) posting to.

Thanks
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:35 PM
  • Sorry, I did not realize that you  did not know how the forums ware laid out.

Start at:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories?prof=required

Then browse down to Dynamics (not Dynamics (Partner) but just Dynamics.

Select any of the GP forums

There is no prompt to reply to any of the postings.  It appears that it is not just me as NO ADDITIONAL threads have been entered and no one has posted to any replies to any of the threads in the past 24 hours.

Call me if you need additional information

Richard -- 321-277-1341 (direct cell)
    Richard L. Whaley Consultant, Author www.AccoladePublications.com
    Friday, June 5, 2009 2:09 AM
  • May be a bad live id cookie. Can you try removing microsoft.com cookie and history and see if that helps?

Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, June 5, 2009 3:29 AM
    Answerer
  • It appears that this forum was locked by the owner and he is going to update the forum with an announcement.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Friday, June 5, 2009 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

I am having troubles trying to reply to my own threads or any one's in the GP forum. Eg. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/gp/thread/4cca770b-5175-49df-9bd8-6bea2f66dc40

I used to be able to but lately I can not.

Also, the e-mail alert does nothing for me & I have checked my junk mail folder & there are no emails from here.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Calvin
    Monday, June 15, 2009 11:48 AM
  • As mentioned above the forum has been locked, but with no explanation. 
    Good here isn't it?
     all these extra facilities over newsgroups and yet someone can't even manage a simple announcement to say why a forum is closed,
     or get the search facility working so that it doesn't take 7 days to index the threads.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:18 AM
  • Hi technonath,

I actually got a notification that you replied to my question! Does that mean that it only works in this part of the forums & not in the others?

No, I am not very happy with this new forum as opposed to the other one. The old forum had a 4 hour guarantee that someone will answer your question whereas this one takes days sometimes & no notifications at all.

I hope that they fix up these forums.

Cheers,

Calvin
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:23 AM
  • I could not initiate a new thread
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/64b40a1f-6374-4799-a1ce-0a4000cb23e9
    from Opera but managed from IE.

At time of this post post both options work.

The time and forum of problematic situation is in the post from the link above.

Nothing did change - I did not remove cookies and I even did not restart computer.

Guennadi Vanine -- Gennady Vanin -- Геннадий Ванин
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:54 AM