How to make a dialogs to be seen by specific user ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create two dialogs for two different set of users , one shouldn't see the other dialog !! and also disable the dialog once it's been used for particular record !! 

if it works something like sharing a record with set of use group that would be nice.  But i don't think it is possible in with dialog ?!! is there any alternative way to achieve this using a plugin/scripts ?!!

Thanks

• Edited by Pradeep47 Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:56 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:21 AM

Answers

• You can open a dialog via JavaScript. With that said you could hide the existing run Dialog button and create custom buttons with JavaScript actions to open the dialogs. You could then add custom enable rules on these buttons using JavaScript as well that does your access check and only makes the button enabled for the proper users.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:15 PM

All replies

• You can open a dialog via JavaScript. With that said you could hide the existing run Dialog button and create custom buttons with JavaScript actions to open the dialogs. You could then add custom enable rules on these buttons using JavaScript as well that does your access check and only makes the button enabled for the proper users.

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:15 PM
  • You should be able to do this without needing code.

If you simply set the 'Scope' of the dialog to 'User' you can then share the dialog with the users you want to have access.

As for disabling the dialog after its first use; you could create a hidden two option field which gets set after the dialog has processed. Then at the top of your dialog make sure that hidden field has not been set to ensure it is not run a second time.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Sunday, August 4, 2013 5:10 AM

Jason Lattimer

yes... this seems to be the only way through !! thanks
    Monday, August 5, 2013 5:31 AM
  • You should be able to do this without needing code.

If you simply set the 'Scope' of the dialog to 'User' you can then share the dialog with the users you want to have access.

As for disabling the dialog after its first use; you could create a hidden two option field which gets set after the dialog has processed. Then at the top of your dialog make sure that hidden field has not been set to ensure it is not run a second time.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

I'm not sure ...  unlike workflow we can't set the scope for Dilog and I dont' seem to find an option for sharing too.

• Edited by Pradeep47 Monday, August 5, 2013 6:40 AM
    Monday, August 5, 2013 6:02 AM
  • You're right, dialog doesn't seem to have a scope like workflow does. However, you can still restrict access using security roles and sharing (by the way, you can share processes under the 'More Actions'/'Actions' menu).

If your security roles only grant User level 'Read' access to the 'Process' entity, then users will only see processes assigned or shared with them.

Of course this would also mean all your other workflows/dialogs would need to be shared to users to grant access, so it may not be the most efficient solution.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Paul

Monday, August 5, 2013 7:16 AM