Questions about WinXP sys32 error and reboot options. RRS feed

• Question

• This is my first thread on these forums.

My laptop (which has WindowsXP Home) has recently got the system 32 error when I start it up. People have told me that I need to reinstall WindowsXP Home onto my computer upon start up and the option to repair my system will be there. The problem is that I never got the original WindowsXP Home disc when I bought my laptop 5 years ago (wasn't in with the package). Also, I have lost the reciept of my laptop so I cannot return it. Can people advise me of any ways that I can repair my computer without spending too much money. If I need to buy another WindowsXP Home disc then please say.

Another question, could I buy a Windows Vista installation disc and insert it upon startup too repair my computer and start afresh with Vista?

If people could reply with any help, suggestions and advice, I would be very grateful. Thank you for reading.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:11 PM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server forum - you should direct your question to the Windows XP forums.

But to try and help, if you want to perform a repair, you will need the software disk, and no, you cant just put a Vista disk in, and have it repair and upgrade.

Andrew
    MVP - Windows Home Server http://usingwindowshomeserver.com
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:28 PM