Has anyone got ISA 2006 and OCS 2007 Live Meeting working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Has anyone got ISA 2006 and OCS 2007 Live Meeting working together.

We have managed to get IM working but not meetings. Has anyone got a list of rules that they wouldn't mind sharing for ISA (please don't point me at the documentation as I have bruises on my forehead from reading this).

We have a consolidated edge server sat with one foot in DMZ1 (from external) and another in DMZ2 (to internal) going back to the ISA 2006. We did this to try and match the MS documentation a bit more closely. We only have one firewall, not the two that the documentation goes on about...one director (internal) and one ocs server

Regards

Dave

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:39 PM

All replies

• Dave,

Take a look through my latest OCS blog as well as some past OCS entries.  I've discussed ISA Server 2006 and Edge deployment in a few of them.

I've noticed that when things "aren't working right" take a close look at your network and certificate configuration as those two area seem to cause the most problems when not setup just right.

Friday, November 30, 2007 11:28 PM
  •  

Hi

Didn't help I'm afraid, still getting the error:

'Live Meeting cannot connect to the meeting.

Wait a few moments, and then try to join the meeting again.

If you still cannot connect, contact your adminstrator or technical support.'

I get nothing abnormal in the event viewer on the remote host, nothing on the edge server and nothing on the internal ocs server.

Internal conferencing works ok. IM works fine externally and internally. Externally I can get to:

https://externalwebfarmFQDN/abs/ext

https://externalwebfarmFQDN/conf/ext/Tshoot.html

https://Externalwebfar,FQDN/GroupExpansion/ext/service.asmx

and when I do so the correct certs are presented. I have monitored connections from the remote host on the firewall and nothing is getting denied.

Running out of avenues to try here ....

Regards

Dave

Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:36 PM
  • Give us a little more info...

Is this your path... ExtClient -> Firewall -> Edge (extDMZ) -> Edge (intDMZ) -> ISA -> Internal LAN ??

Are all external Edge IPs on the same NIC? or different NICs? Are they all publicly routable or just the A/V(on seperate NIC)?

I believe I have experienced this once when my consolidated Edge had two NICs with NATed Access and Web IPs and a public IP for A/V on the other NIC.

Let us know,

Jim

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:18 PM
  • Actually I am also having problems with joining a livemeeting session from the external network.

I have a consolidated edge server, so all the roles are running on that single edge server, that has 1 public IP address and 1 private address. Because of the single public IP address, I had to change the default port settings, so they are not conflicting each other.

I have configured the WMI settings for externalwebfarmFQDN and external ABS download later, but I am not sure if they are even required for LiveMeeting. I am also not sure, if I need to deploy any reverse proxy just to simply join into a livemeeting session, and have only audio and video connection, no file download required. I miss a more complex validation wizard on edge side, as it is available on the internal OCS side, because the existing one simply doesnt check for any webconference settings.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:26 PM
  •  Richard Pasztor wrote:
    ...but I am not sure if they are even required for LiveMeeting. I am also not sure, if I need to deploy any reverse proxy just to simply join into a livemeeting session, and have only audio and video connection, no file download required...

No, actually you don't. You will, as you assume, miss the ability to upload/download content. Desktop sharing still works.

This leads me to believe that the problem is related to the web conferencing connection, or port availability through firewalls.

-Jim

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:54 AM
  • Yes you were right, we had problems with the default port settings offered by the wizard during the install (collocated edge with 1 external IP) -> A/V conf edge role was using port 443 and webconf edge role was using 444, in this config users were not able to connect to webconf externally. I just reversed the setting (webconf role to 443, and A/V conf role to 444 -> since that it works perfectly. I'm very dissapointed, as even the install wizard suggested to use 443 for av conf and 444 for webconf.
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 9:19 AM