CRM 4.0 repair - exchange server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am attempting to run a repair on CRM 4.0 but I am getting the following error:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server User Input - Setup Cannot Find the Specified Exchange Server

I am not given the option to specify a mail server when running the repair.

Server 2003 - CRM 4.0 rollup 11 applied

any help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

Donal

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:30 PM

Answers

• have you imported an account customisation as it sounds a conflict is occurring.

With regards to the Repair, this will update the server installation files, etc. and will not alter the database content so I do not think it will fix your problem. Anyhow you can go to the MSCRM reg key using regedit and view/edit the IncomingEmailServer Key. HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by Donal25 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Donal,

One item to try is remove ur 11, then try the repair.  Are you repairing the crm 4 installation?  Is it not working at all?

Alternatively you could remove crm, reboot, re-install with a temp org name, then import your existing organization.  This is often a better way to repair crm 4 if files are missing or corrupt.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Just a little history on this. My CRM installation is working but the Account entity appears to be corrupt. When I try to create a new account or open an existing account I get a page with "The webpage cannot be displayed". I've researched this extensively but cannot find a solution. I figured a repair might be the answer.

Your second suggestion sounds like a good idea but due to the disruption it may create I would prefer to use it as a last resort if there aren't any other suggestions out there.

thanks again

Donal

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:07 PM
  • Hi Donal,

Turn on dev errors and see if you can then see a better error message.  Also - I'd check for any plugins that are deployed on account entity and perhaps temporarily disable them.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:17 PM
  • Hi Alex,

I have turned on dev errors. I am getting the following error:

Error Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
    [ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: g]
       at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppAreaPage.ConfigurePage()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.sfa_accts_areas_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

There are no plugins deployed on the account entity.

This is going slightly off topic but hopefully you or anybody else might help resolve my issue with the account entity.

My intial query still remains re the CRM repair.

thanks again for taking the time to look at this.

Donal

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:33 PM
  • have you imported an account customisation as it sounds a conflict is occurring.

With regards to the Repair, this will update the server installation files, etc. and will not alter the database content so I do not think it will fix your problem. Anyhow you can go to the MSCRM reg key using regedit and view/edit the IncomingEmailServer Key. HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM

• Marked as answer by Donal25 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:05 PM
  • Hi Rhett

Thanks for that. the IncomingEmailServer Key was referencing an older exchange box. Updating this enabled me to run the repair.

However, this hasn't resolved my issue with the account entity. I haven't imported an account customisation. I have made changes to the Site Map and isv.config files in last couple of days. nothing specifically targeting the account entity, but it could have been done in error....

many thanks

Donal

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:35 PM
  • Yes probably best to check those two files out. More then likely the ISV.config as you can see the account list but not open an account up am I right. Take out the account entity node from there and see what happens.
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:40 PM
  • I may try that. Curious, but when i browse to \sfa\accts\edit.aspx I get the The "webpage cannot be displayed" message as posted earlier but the address bar displays abou:blank. No T in about. Is this normal? Or does it make any difference?
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:57 PM
  • I have the same error message on a fresh install and while running the validation wizard.

Any idea what might be the error?

Regards,

Jens

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:21 PM