locked
Data management: Import failure, unspecified error message RRS feed

  • Question

  • Using the Data Management Import facility, I suceeded in importing several csv files for different entities.

    Then I tried to import a set or Products.

    I attempted to import a small vanilla product set with a lot of manipulation of the CSV file.

     

    While iterating around and around on different columns and contents, the Data Management Imports Failure error message was unhelpful: "An error has occurred. Try this action again.If the problem continues, check the microsoft Dynamics community for solutions....". The error code is 0x80043b05, but i can't find any list that has a sensible meaning for that code.

     

    Eventually I found a format that worked and imported a small test set of products with minimal information content.

     

    Now I am trying to import the real stuff: same format, same process, but  the same error message has re-appeared.

     

    Turning trace on, no trace files are written.

    The import uses the default column headings, no additional ignored columns, the import map says "Automatic" when I select the csv file.

    I'm out of ideas.... Help would be gratefully appreciated

    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:02 PM

All replies

  • Do you have all the required fields for the product import.  Also, ensure the file does not have any extra characters in the text like commas, carriage returns, etc.

     

    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:11 PM
  • The error, 80043b05 is 'The product number can not be null', which sounds like your problem. For reference, you can find the error codes in the CRM SDK, but only by searching for the code in the format 80043b05, not 0x80043b05

    Friday, January 2, 2009 5:28 PM
    Moderator
  • Thank you Donna and David.

    Now I can see sensible error code descriptions I can start to work through it.I must have kept innacurate notes from my first successful import, or maybe the act of importing one test set with innacurate data has made life difficult for uploading the real thing. Anyway, I appear to have gotten myself axle-wrapped, but the errors start to make sense now....

     

    Thanks again...

    Dave

     

    Monday, January 5, 2009 5:08 PM