Unable to Use Free Safety Scanner RRS feed

• General discussion

• I keep getting an error message when trying to do the free safety scan that says " We're sorry. This version of the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner doesn't work with your Web browser or operating system.   You need Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista or Windows 7. You also need either Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or MSN® 9.0 or higher."

I have Windows Vista  and I'm using IE v8.0
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Computer that's about 1 yr old.

Why Am I Unable to use this Free Safety Scan?? 
    Any help is appreciated.. Thank You

• Changed type JimR1Moderator Monday, February 8, 2010 9:49 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Monday, February 8, 2010 9:49 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare General)
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:57 PM

All replies

• This forum is for the installed version of Windows Live One Care. You can get help with the online One Care Safety Scanner here - http://boards.msn.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, February 8, 2010 9:51 PM
  • This forum is for the installed version of Windows Live One Care. You can get help with the online One Care Safety Scanner here - http://boards.msn.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials

You know Jim, you really show your arrogance and disdain by taking the time to kill this question on multiple pages, but NOT take the time to answer the frakkin' question!! I have spent SEVERAL HOURS researching this issue. The link you have referenced to has 186 pages, and I haven't been able to find any reference to the above listed issue, EXCEPT on this board! If I use the forum's search engine, BING and Google, the whole first page brings me back to the mentioned threads, all of which you have left an impertinent scolding message.

Help the people out, or shut up!

Friday, August 13, 2010 12:10 AM