New Server Build - WHS Installation Disk Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!  I have built my own system to be loaded with WHS.  THis is my 3rd computer build but first WHS build.

Everything is functioning correctly except when I attempt to load my WHS Installation CD the drive clicks really loud and eventually says "Boot Disk Failure, Install System Disk and Press Enter"

Out of curiosity and to got through a process of elimination, I put my vista installation cd in from my other build to see if the DVD drive was reading correctly and it loaded fine (no clicks) and entered the setup section.

I put the WHS Installation CD back in and the same failure notice came up.

Could this just be a bad disk?

The item the I bought from a large online vender was....
    WIndows Home Server URP1 WIN32 ENGLISH 
    OEM System Builder Pack

Please help!

THanks!
    DT

Saturday, February 7, 2009 6:15 PM

Answers

• I take it the Vista disk is a DVD as well and you aren't try to read a DVD from a CD drive?
     Make sure the WHS disk doesn't have any cracks or odd issues going on around the edges. I would also try the disk on another drive as maybe it is having a problem with the production method.
    PACS Technical Support Engineer
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 6:47 PM

All replies

• I take it the Vista disk is a DVD as well and you aren't try to read a DVD from a CD drive?
     Make sure the WHS disk doesn't have any cracks or odd issues going on around the edges. I would also try the disk on another drive as maybe it is having a problem with the production method.
    PACS Technical Support Engineer
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 6:47 PM
  • BINGO !!!  That was it.  Completely didnt think about that.  I used an extra CD drive I had on the server.  I moved a DVD drive from my HTPC temporarily and WHS is loading as we speak!

Thanks Z06 Dude!
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 7:51 PM