Fixit tool for Clean up Windows Media Player library database RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, All,

A Fixit Tool has been published to address the issue when Windows Media Player library database is corrupted.

This has been reported from both WHS Connect and Forum before. See below KB-Fixit Tool for details.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719283

Thanks.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:36 AM

All replies

• Can you please expand that KB article a bit? I think it needs to specify which bits are run on which box.

qts

Sunday, September 2, 2012 4:08 PM
  • Quentin, since it's talking specifically about the media library functionality on the Remote Access web site, it seems quite clear that everything it describes is on the server. Don't you think?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Sunday, September 2, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Quentin, since it's talking specifically about the media library functionality on the Remote Access web site, it seems quite clear that everything it describes is on the server. Don't you think?

Not at all, alas. Your typical WHS user is going to be looking up how to fix this problem from a client workstation, not the server. And you can stop the media services from a client. So they're going to start, and fail. Tell me, should that Fix It link be run from a client or the server? The article doesn't say. What do you think a user is going to do?  

(And have you tried running IE on the server, continually getting those messages about blocked content?) 

qts

Sunday, September 2, 2012 9:17 PM
  • That's a good suggestion. We will add some words in the KB to highlight this. BTW, the tool itself will check the OS and can only run at windows homs server.

Monday, September 3, 2012 9:50 AM