sunset replacement for Money delux 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  I followed instructions to download the Sunset  file, but it will not open. If  I click on it , it downloads again. Money stopped updating stock prices 1/23/2011. I have used this for years & would like to coninue. Presently I am using Google free stock follower but am not satisfied, it don't accept bonds data. Help!!!
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:05 PM

All replies

• By "it" I think you mean the Money Plus Sunset Deluxe installation file, which is named  USMoneyDlxSunset.exe and is 35,677,984 bytes long. If you cannot find where you have downloaded this to, you can go to download again. But this time, right-click the download link in IE8, and choose SaveTargetAs... Browse to the folder that you want to save the file in. When that completes, I would also copy the file to a CD or DVD for later potential use.

After you have saved the file, use Windows Explorer to browse to that folder. Right-click the USMoneyDlxSunset.exe file. (the ".exe" may be hidden, depending on settings). Choose Open. That should cause you to install Money Plus Sunset Deluxe.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 4:50 PM
  • mine still update
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:59 PM
  • I downloaded US Money Plus Delux Sunset 34MB File 6.0 2800,1168 to My Documents. The program asked if I accept conditions, then ran to finish. When i click on the program it wants to download again. When i go to Money & click on my Portfolio I still get all stocks but data on 1/6/2011. I thought  Sunset would get my info then shutdown the old progran which it didn't.

I don't understand "use Windows #explorer to browse that folder"Thanks for answering!

H.G.Edmondson Jr.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:06 PM
  • I downloaded US Money Plus Delux Sunset 34MB File 6.0 2800,1168 to My Documents. The program asked if I accept conditions, then ran to finish. When i click on the program it wants to download again. When i go to Money & click on my Portfolio I still get all stocks but data on 1/6/2011. I thought  Sunset would get my info then shutdown the old progran which it didn't.

I don't understand "use Windows #explorer to browse that folder"Thanks for answering!

It was no clear to me that you were not re-downloading the install file multiple times. It now appears that your meaning for "it" in your post was not what I thought you were referring to. I still don't know what "it" was, but that is not important now.

Windows explorer is probably used to see that you had the file in your MyDocuments folder. If you are doing what suspect, it is the thing that you are clicking on that 34MB file again. Don't do that. You only do that when you want to install/reinstall.

Start Money with the icon in your Start menu.

Your Portfolio in sunset will not download prices on its own. The UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow will not work. Similarly, your statements/transactions will not come into Money on their own. You should search for "PocketSense" for a means of getting data into Money from your broker and credit cards. You can also download OFX (or QFX with some extra action) from your bank.

Friday, February 4, 2011 1:05 AM
  • I assumed to much from Sunset it seems Thanks for the info!!

H.G.Edmondson Jr.
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:24 AM