Un-install Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have HP Home Server; I have one computer that was connected that stopped being connected. I tried to un-install the console but it didn't stop working. It still comes up. However it is no longer in the list of installed programs...and I can't reinstall the software because it tells me that I have to uninstall... is there any manual uninstall that I can do?

kevin
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,
    you could simply run discovery.exe in C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server, if it is only a lost connection without further background.
    This should reestablish the connection in normal scenarios.
    You also can try to repair the WHS Connector software through Control Panel (exact way depends from operating system).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, November 24, 2008 12:51 AM
  • I don't have discovery.exe in the program files/windows home server/ directory

has it got a new name? or is it hidding somewhere else - I am on the Action Pack Release

BTW - the Action Pack DVD doesn't seem to support a re-installation of WHS only a clean installation.
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:44 PM
  • Kev Reid said:

I don't have discovery.exe in the program files/windows home server/ directory

has it got a new name? or is it hidding somewhere else - I am on the Action Pack Release

BTW - the Action Pack DVD doesn't seem to support a re-installation of WHS only a clean installation.

It sounds like you have a different problem.  You should start your own thread (and post as many details about your problems as possible).
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:21 PM