Error on OCS 2007 R2 install. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the error 0xC3EC796C when I'm running the deploy server part.

Has anyone had this problem?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi
    Any update for your issue?
    What abut your password of those account, sometimes too complex can caused the issue.
    Such as do not use the space etc..
    Another thing, do you deploy the enterprise edtion, when you deploy it, have you check the achieving server, so it caused the issue too.
    You can deploy the achieving server before the FE, or you do not check it.

Regards!
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:48 AM

All replies

• Is this during activation? 

See this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsserversetup/thread/4bb7d816-1964-4c48-aa01-d53ba9a6e75e

Mark King | C/D/H | MCTS:OCS | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Administrator | CCNA
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:54 PM
  • Hi Mark

I have done the steps on the link you told me.

I have change the password, and try to deploy with the same result. There was one link that said to unistall IIS and reboot, I did that but when I try to deply again it ask me for the IIS and some other features.

I have checked that the user fromo which I'm installing the OCS has domain rights, I'm installing it with the administration user. I have checked that the RTCService and RTCComponentService are members of domain administration and rtcuniversal services.

What else can I check?
    Friday, October 23, 2009 5:23 PM
  • Have you tried making RTCservice and RTCComponentServices local admins on the server you are installing on?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:57 AM
  • Yes I had checked that part. I have been checking the error and I found out that the problem was an update from Microsoft. I unistall the the update and tried again and it worked.

Know I got to the part of the certificate but it is not working. Can you help me out on that?
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:28 PM
  • Hi
    Any update for your issue?
    What abut your password of those account, sometimes too complex can caused the issue.
    Such as do not use the space etc..
    Another thing, do you deploy the enterprise edtion, when you deploy it, have you check the achieving server, so it caused the issue too.
    You can deploy the achieving server before the FE, or you do not check it.

Regards!
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:48 AM