none
Lost my stupid alert settings again. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I lost the email address in the forum alerts *AGAIN*.

Come on guys can you stop losing my settings?  It last worked on 12/16.  I realize I am not getting alerts (after seeing threads posted to a post I made about the answers forum not working) and I realize that the settings have gotten lost *AGAIN*.

Why does this keep losing my alert settings? 

Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Note that Answers have had problems today, which might explain the issues you have noticed.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Probably not related to Answers at all. Susan, this is really odd and we've been trying to figure out why this keeps happening to you. We have bugs logged but we quickly run into dead ends in being able to figure it out, we can't repro this at all. But we'll keep looking into it. Sorry about that.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Proposed as answer by Hasham Niaz Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:54 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Susan BradleyMVP Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:36 AM
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:07 PM
    Answerer
  • And the confirmation email is not being sent so I can't get the alerts set back up.  Can you also check on the confirmation email?
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:33 AM
  • P.S. I removed the "proposed as answer" so you guys would know that I'm still having an issue with alerts.

I'm not getting the confirmation email so I can't get the alert function set back up again.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:37 AM
  • What have you done? Have you re-entered your email and saved it? Why can't you get the alert function set back up again? We need to get as many details as possible since the team keeps coming up without repros.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:24 PM
  • I reentered my email.
    I saved it.
    I attempted to have the confirmation email sent out but it never got
    sent out until days later.
    In this instance not only did I lose my email address in the alerts
    again, but I was unable to confirm the alerts so I couldn't get alerts
    working again.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:41 PM
  • I would advise the team to set up a user whereby they use their liveid
    for hotmail as well as forums, VLSC and technet.  Then have them use a
    liveid (separate one) for Office 365 stuff.  Then throw in a mvp cookie
    as I think the mvp liveID may be the one causing the issue as many a
    time it's my mvp cookies that I've traced things back to.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:44 PM
  • So I think this one worked out and then you lost it again (on a new thread), right? So we'll track that thread for the latest issue. You seem to be having this problem more often than other folks. Like you said, it could be a specific cookie.
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, January 6, 2012 7:03 PM