CHKDSK /F after reboot = "An unauthorized change was made to Windows" RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I began experiencing an extremely frustrating and rather undocumented issue with Vista Home Premuin 32-bit.  I purchased a new laptop from Dell in July, and I've been using it fine.  On Monday (the 20th), I began seeing a pop-up balloon from my system tray saying that my C:\Users\<me>\Links folder was corrupted and I had to run CHKDSK to fix it.  Yesterday, I had the time to take a look at it, so I opened up a command prompt and ran "chkdsk" with no options.  It came back and said it found errors.  So I ran "chkdsk /F" but it said the volume was in use.  Then it asked me if I wanted to schedule it to run on the next reboot.  I said Yes, then rebooted.  While it was booting, I don't remember seeing any indication that chkdsk ran, but I assumed that it did.  I then got to the login screen and entered in my password.  However, rather than allowing me to log on, the computer thought for about 20 seconds on the Welcome screen, then the screen faded to black and a little window opened up with a big red X that said:

An unauthorized change has been made to Windows.
    Windows has discovered a change that will result in limited Windows functionality.  Use the link below to find out how to fix Windows.

Then I got a "Learn More Online" button, and a "Close" button.  If I clicked Close, it would log me off and bring me to the login screen again, where I could try logging in again, but would give the same results.  If I clicked "Learn More Online" I was brought to www.microsoft.com/genuine page, where I proceeded to validate my copy of Windows, and it told me that I did not have a genuine copy of Windows.  I know this is false, since I got this laptop from Dell, and I have been able to install Windows updates in the past.

I tried a system restore, and that worked for a bit, until I rebooted again, and got the same error.  Now if I doi a system restore (from various points), the restore either fails, of gives me the same result when I try to log on.

I tried Googling this error, but I only got 4 results.  Could chkdsk have ruined my hard drive rather than fixing it?  Could it have been something I installed and not be related to chkdsk?  Can anyone help me out?
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 6:31 PM

Answers

• Well, the memory check passed (no errors), so I was left to do a factory reset.  Thankfully, Dell computers now ship with a Recovery partition, and I was able to reset my laptop to thew same way it was when it left the factory.  All works now.  Strange.  Thanks for your help.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:54 AM
  • Ben:

I'm really sorry for not getting to you earlier. I do try and get back to EVERYONE ASAP, but unfortunately I'm only one person Smile.

CHKDSK normally doesn't make any huge changes to the harddrive partition/etc - however, something odd may have happened (thus causing your unauthorized change in the installation).

I'm glad that the recovery partition from Dell worked as-it-should. Should any other issues come up please let me know ASAP.

-phil

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:33 PM

All replies

• Update:

I'm still having the same problem, but here's the result of the MGA Diag:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Detailed Status: 0xc004f027
    Cached / Grace status: (N/A, hr = 0x80070426) / (N/A, hr = 0x80070426)
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-F4GJK-KG77H-B9HD2
    Windows Product Key Hash: iJAth4TbScMi8HdcPurlASXdEkw=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00204
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000
    ID: {2F3F88AE-8D34-4B5C-8441-78AC9398A00A}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: (N/A, hr = 0x80070426) / 0x0 / (N/A, hr = 0x80070426)
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error: M:20070825164012546-
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3_672A8F41-307-80004005_672A8F41-349-80004005_672A8F41-244-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{2F3F88AE-8D34-4B5C-8441-78AC9398A00A}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-B9HD2</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00204</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2926665574-3507956390-966805851</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Inspiron 1520                   </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A00</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070516000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>36303507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>DELL  </OEMID><OEMTableID>M08    </OEMTableID></OEM></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>8E6232A1D578F78</Val><Hash>uhHywPH3poGNfpa8D07XnZt09Xo=</Hash><Pid>81605-956-3905774-65342</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-00A1-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office OneNote 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>A27000F2D7C5F78</Val><Hash>yj7n0/D2TJjynXhkhPeb+K1JBB4=</Hash><Pid>81609-956-0705781-62116</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

------

Any thoughts?
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:53 PM
  • http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

go there and try to valdate there were isues in past day with wga servers if they does not work you will have to contact microsoft tech support by phone
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:01 PM
  • Probably a defective hardware (system memoryor HDD memory cache).
    To test, copy a large file (>4GB Idealy the copied file should be filled with memory test paterns) and make a file compare with fc /B If fc find the file to be different, then you have identified the hardware as faulty.
    To refine the cause: run a memory diagnostic if it comes out ok, it is more than likely the HDD cache.
    Since detecting HDD cache problem requires to actually write to the drive, it is a fault the HDD manufacturer diagnostic tools usually do not detect. Sadly I even got manufacturer refurbished drive exhibiting this problem out of the box, make you wonder if they do know how to test a drive.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:20 PM
  • Thanks, Gauthier, I'll try that.  I don't have and files 4GB in size, though, but I can run the memory test.

One tricky thing is that I can only get into Windows in safe mode.  The error message only lets me open a browser or log out.  I can't acces the environment in normal mode, or even limited access mode.

HOWEVER

I think I may have a lead.  After reviewing the results of the Diagnostic myself, it looks like the product key given by the diag is different from the key on the sticker on the bottom of my new laptop!  Somehow, something changed the key of my copy of Vista.  I have the real one since it came with the laptop - how do I change it from safe mode?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:34 PM
  • Well, the memory check passed (no errors), so I was left to do a factory reset.  Thankfully, Dell computers now ship with a Recovery partition, and I was able to reset my laptop to thew same way it was when it left the factory.  All works now.  Strange.  Thanks for your help.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:54 AM
  • Ben:

I'm really sorry for not getting to you earlier. I do try and get back to EVERYONE ASAP, but unfortunately I'm only one person Smile.

CHKDSK normally doesn't make any huge changes to the harddrive partition/etc - however, something odd may have happened (thus causing your unauthorized change in the installation).

I'm glad that the recovery partition from Dell worked as-it-should. Should any other issues come up please let me know ASAP.

-phil

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Ben,

I experienced (am experiencing) the same issue.   Mine started on 8/15 after a restart (was working fine) - updates were installed over night.  Identical error - can't logon in normal mode.    I've restored back to my 8/12 backup numerous times, but as soon as any of the Windows Vista updates publised 8/14 are installed and I restart to finalize update configuration, I'm back to the same problem.

I was on the phone for 8-9 hours this past weekend with MS tech support and we could not get the issue resolved.  I will be working with someone from the MS research team this Friday night - I'll let you know what we find out.

In the meantime,  I'm anxious to find out if you have RESTARTED your machine AFTER installing the 'Important' Windows Updates published on 8/14 for your OS.

Phil - if you're reading this thread, please chime in if you've found anything out.

For right now,  I have my Windows Update Service stopped and am 'Never' checking for updates until I can resolve this with the research team.   I found out even after a restore, the windows update files are still there (locally) in the SoftwareDistribution folder and get installed by the service if when your 'setting' is checked as 'Never'.   I renamed my

SoftwareDistribution to .old just in case Smile

-Carl

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:06 PM
  • Hi, can you please tell me what you did to solve this problem?  Last week I received on my Vista 32-bit, messages that said I had to run CHKDSK, but I could not access it.  Then, when I reboot the computer, it now says

An unauthorized change has been made to Windows.
    Windows has discovered a change that will result in limited Windows functionality.  Use the link below to find out how to fix Windows.

and then when I tried to validate my Windows, it also said that I did not have a genuine copy of Windows.  I (also) know it's false since I too bought this Dell Inspiron 6400 from Dell.

Any suggestions? 

rrwarner@colorado.edu (donotspam)

Monday, September 17, 2007 7:10 PM
  • You're not going to like my answer - but after spending more than 10 hours on the phone with MS and another hour with DELL,  I had to restore the OS from factory settings off my restore partition - NOTE: THIS DOES A QUICK REFORMAT OF YOUR OS/FILE PARTITION - YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING.  (We tried all kinds of solutions, but as soon as I applied updates from 8/15 and restarted, the same error you are seeing would show itself).

BEFORE you do this, check your Windows update history.   Type 'Windows Update' in your Start/search box, select it from the above list.  Then, click 'View Update History' to see if any updates were installed between the time your machine was working and the time it failed after the restart.

Luckily, I didn't have a bunch of stuff installed and had all my files, etc backed up on flash/cd.

If you need instructions on retoring to factory settings, let me know, or DELL tech support can walk you through it.

Note: After I did the restore, I had 30+ Windows updates to apply.  They all applied successfully and I no longer get the error (yet !).

-Carl

Monday, September 17, 2007 7:53 PM
  • Hi everyone,

It's encouraging to know I wasn't the only one having this issue.  The above post is correct - if you do a Dell Factory reset, the reset will reimage your hard drive to the way it was when it left the factory. This means that all your data (ALL your data!) will be gone.

What has happened since I last posted:

• After figuring out how CHKDSK actually works, I determined that CHKDSK did NOT cause the problem.  In fact, when I rebooted before getting the error, CHKDSK didn't even run (in my original post I assumed it did, and I now know that assumption was false).  The only way I can get CHKDSK to run is to boot into Windows RE (Press F8 on boot), open a command prompt, and run "chkdsk c: /F" from there.  It won't run when I schedule it for reboot.  But that's beside the point, for now.
    • A few days after the factory reset, the computer worked for about a week.  However, one day I booted up, and startup failed.  This fired off Startup Repair from Windows RE, which told me there was a corrupt system file in the C: drive (I forget the name).  At this point I hadn't discovered that I could run CHKDSK from Windows RE, so I was forced to do another factory reset.
    • I finally figured out how to use CHKDSK, and started running it at least once a day, and every time before I shut down (I usually hibernate, though, so shutdowns only occur if I'm installing an update or if I find a new corruption)
    • Once I started running regular CHKDSKs, I discovered that my hard drive was being intermittently corrupted - a new corruption would occur about once a day.  I started keeping logs on 9/16 of every corruption I found, and most of them are in one of the following forms:
      • Attribute record (128, BAK) from file record segment 34758
        • sometimes the sector is different, but I've gotten this same sector corruption (34758) twice within the past 2 days.
      • Attribute record (128, "") from file record segment 58033
      • The Volume Bitmap is incorrect.
    • I have been able to fix all the above corruptions by booting into Windows RE and running "chkdsk c: /F" (for directory corruptions, I use the /R flag).
    • I still don't know what the root cause of the problem is, but at this point I suspect faulty hardware.  I've tried cutting back on what programs I use to make sure they are Vista compatible.  Basically, this means I use Office 2007 Pro + OneNote 2007, iTunes, Google Talk, and anything that came with the computer (Google Dekstop, McAfee, LoJack).
    • I opened up a new thread on the hard drive corruption: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2165088&SiteID=17&mode=1

Thank you all for your help.  If you have any other thoughts, by all means, please share.

Ben

Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:08 AM
  • What are you going to do about your computer?  Are you going to keep it or try to exchange the computer?  I did the factory restore last weekend.  I'm hoping it's not a faulty computer.  This is my 2nd computer with Dell, since June 2007!!  Any suggestions on what I should do?  I suppose I can wait to see if anything further occurs.  Thanks a lot!

Monday, October 1, 2007 7:56 PM
  • rrwarner,

At this point, since the same sector keeps getting corrupted, I'm pretty sure the hard drive is bad, unfortunately.  Since the computer is pretty new, it's still under warranty, so I'm giving Dell a call soon (which I'm dreading) to see if they can send someone out here to replace the hard drive.  Not a fun prospect at all, but at least I will end up on the other side with a more reliable computer (ideally).  In the meantime, as long as I run CHKDSK regularly, my system is usable.

If you continue to get problems, I recommend keeping a log of CHKDSK results, and checking for repeating patterns.  If nothing else, you can have a good record for when you call Dell to get it fixed so that they can know what's going on a little better.

To run CHKDSK, boot into Windows RE mode (press F8 while booting and select "Recovery Mode" at the menu that comes up).  After logging in, select "Open a Command Prompt" and type "chkdsk c:" to run chkdsk in read-only mode (assuming Windows in installed on your C Drive).  This will tell you if there are any problems with your hard disk and what they are.  To fix most problems, run "chkdsk c: /F" (/F for Fix).  If the read-only chkdsk tells you that specific files or folders in your file system are corrupted, you might want to run "chkdsk c: /R" instead of /F (/R runs just like /F, but it also attempts to Recover lost data in addition to fixing bad sectors.  This takes much longer, though, so don't use it if you don't need it).  Once CHKDSK finished, it should tell you if it successfully repaired the disk or not.  If so, hooray!  If not, you've probably got a bad hard drive.  Whether it worked or not, I would recommend saving the output by copying the text (right-click on title bar of Command Prompt > Edit > Select All, then hit enter to copy) and running "c:\windows\notepad.exe" then pasting the output and saving the text file to the drive or external media (i.e. usb drive) for your records.

[A couple notes about Windows RE, for those who are interested: Windows RE is Vista's replacement for XP's Recovery Console that could be accessed by booting from XP's install CD.  Windows RE runs on a separate partition from the main operating system (at least it does for on my Dell).  This allows the recovery console to run CHKDSK on the OS partition because the OS partition is not being used at that time.  This is also why you normally have to reboot to run CHKDSK if you try to run it when running under the normal OS.  (Curiously, CHKDSK does not schedule itself to run on reboot on my computer, no matter what I do, so I have to do it from the recovery console.   But that's another subject.)  By running "C:\windows\notepad.exe" from the command prompt in Windows RE, you will be mounting the C: drive, and cannot run CHKDSK while Notepad is running.  After closing notepad, CHKDSK should see that C: is no longer in use and ask you if it can unmount it for you, if I remember correctly.  Someone correct me if any of this is wrong.]

I'm guessing that little corruptions built up over time for me as I let them go unchecked (and I shouldn't have had to check them, but that's the way it goes for now) and it culminated in this dreaded black screen of death.  Since I started doing regular CHKDSKs, I haven't had any such problem.  Once I get the drive replaced, I think it will be fixed for good.  If not, then it's either a different hardware issue, or a software problem (that is, Vista).

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 1:51 AM
  • Phil,

I may need to call on your help with this subject (and anyone else who has experienced the same thing).

I am from the UK but work in Switzerland and am only back in the UK one weekend per month. Last weekend I was back in the UK and bought a Philips Freevents X67 ultraportable with genuine Windows Vista Home Premium from PC World (largest UK PC retailer). I did not get any time to set it up when I was in the UK and only set about setting it up in earnest last night, back here in Switzerland.

I plugged in all my hardware devices and Vista recognised all of them apart from my D-Link 108G wireless USB adaptor and my Terratec Cinergy TV to USB adaptor. I then went about installing all my most commonly used software programs, and after the final one it rebooted, did a Chkdsk of the first partition of my external hard drive, allowed me to log on, but then came up with the error message described. From this point, all I could do was either to click the link for further info online and be taken to the Microsoft Genuine Advantage website and told that my copy of Vista was not genuine (which it certainly is, apart from having already downloaded 30-odd updates from Windowsupdate on first connecting to the internet), or to click "close" and be booted off back to the login screen.

The backdrop of this error message was a plain black screen, with no option to open "My Computer", "Control Panel" or anything like that, so I was at a loss as to what to do as there seemed to be no way to identify or remove the offending program(s) (I have not been able to investigate further as I have had to come to work). I have been heartened by the fact that other people have been able to get into system restore (presumably it is still F8), but extremely alarmed by reports of spending 10 hours on the phone and also of doing a reinstall from the recovery partition and having everything wiped off.

I do not know if there is still an Administrator ID on Vista - certainly the "Martin" ID is the only one I created at the time of intial startup.

I do remember seeing an option in a startup dialogue to change my product key, and if something has changed my product key away from what is written on the hologrammed sticker on the bottom of the laptop, I could presumably change it back. However, if Vista will not let me in, I am a bit stuffed.

I will investigate further when I get home from work tonight, using the info that other people have posted on this page, but if there is any further update to this problem I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Martin Reed

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 12:17 PM
  • Hi Martin,

How have things been since? I had the same problem too. First of all, take note of any Vista Tweaking software that you may have installed, including the ones that may have claimed to be "microsoft certified".  Secondly, I have been re-installing Vista for 12 times for the past 2 weeks, each time I get stuck with some weird errors. The weird errors are:
    1. COM Surrogate has stopped working.
    2. Cannot multiple select files in Windows Explorer.
    3. Vista crash during boot-up (this goes on in a loop, and I can't even get to the login screen).
    4. After login, it takes like 30 min before anything appear on the screen.

The solution to the ones that keep crashing my Vista is due to a particular update from Microsoft, and that is the MSXML 4.0 Service PAck 2 update. Once I stopped this particular update from updating my Vista, all the crashing stop.

Now coming to the unauthorized changes made to the system error. I managed to solve the problem (permanantly I hope) this way:
    1. Log into your system and regardless of whatever happens, just wait until your internet connection is up and working (it may take a long time but wait patiently). Do NOT make any response to the error pop-up.
    2. Once your internet connection is establish, open up IE7 and go to: www.microsoft.com/genuine and validate your Windows.
    3. In most cases (i have this problem twice), your Vista Licensing Services has stopped. Follow the instruction on Microsoft's validation solution.
    Alternatively, click on the error pop-up tab on learning more about this error, which it will take you to Windows Validation website as well. Do not respond before your internet connection is established, otherwise Vista will log you out.

Try this and see if it works. Anyway, if you have already found a solution that is different from what I suggested here, please post it.

Thanks.

Mag
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:07 PM
  • please tell me how to fix this "Chkdsk /f." it has been missing with my start-up, & coming on line

Friday, December 7, 2007 1:04 AM
  • Hi Mag,

Thanks very much for the swift reply; unfortunately I have not logged in again to this forum for the last two months and have therefore only just picked it up. I did manage to get around the problem by uninstalling that update, but unfortunately I now have a bigger problem that it may be beyond the scope of this forum to help.

I had been struggling with Vista from day 1 (and for someone whose entire 24-year professional career has been in IT, I admit that pretty shamefacedly). Every single time I booted up the laptop (Philips Freevents X67 with Vista Home Premium) I had to reinstall my three most commonly used applications, which was driving me nuts.

Eventually this frustration got the better of me and I decided to repartition and reconfigure the computer to dual-boot Vista and XP, using a tried and tested formula that I have been using for more than ten years (two parallel primary partitions containing the two operating systems, both of which see themselves as "C" and cannot see the other OS partition, and an extended partition, split into two logical drives - "D" for apps and "E" for data. It does mean I have to install all the apps under both operating systems, but as I am always installing to "D" it doesn't take up much more space installing the app twice than installing it once, but the advantage of both OSs being able to see the same apps and data partitions under the same drive letters is huge. It just works).

I repartitioned the hard disc using the built-in utility, but when I rebooted I just got as far as the BIOS splash screen and no further. Holding down the Del key switches to the AMIBIOS text screen and the computer reports that it is taking me into the BIOS setup, but after identifying the various hardware components the computer just stops. It doesn't freeze, as the Caps Lock key still switches the Caps Lock light on and off, but it just goes no further and all I can do is reboot. Trying to boot from a bootable OS disc (either Vista or XP) does nothing and because the computer will not get any further than the BIOS splash screen I cannot get into the recovery partition to restore the computer to factory settings.

I looked this up on the net and found the following article

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t104390.html

and several other similar articles that seem to indicate that the BIOS on the X67 has been "fixed" to hang the computer at boot if the computer is repartitioned, which is deeply unsatisfactory, to say the least.

Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions as to how I might get around this problem and preferably get the computer running again, and more importantly extract a small volume of important data that is currently languishing on the disc of this pretty silver-coloured doorstop. Just to make things interesting, the computer has no hard disc slot around the edge and the only way into it is to remove the baseplate, via about 8-10 screws, one of which has a "warranty void if removed" sticker sealed over it.

I do like to brighten everyone's day with a little challenge!

Many thanks in advance for all contributions.

Martin

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:59 AM
  • I have no help for you but I'm hoping you can help me out. I've been having the same issue as everyone here but I havn't had the CHKDSK thing come up, it's just after the update everything went to hell. I was wondering if you could tell me how you uninstalled that Update that caused so much trouble. Thanks in advance and If I get the same follow up problem that you have now I'll be back to mooch off your solution to that problem also.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:55 PM
  • By the way this is what the Genuine thing gave me. Even though when I go to the validation on the microsoft website it dosnt work and says ive got an illegal copy.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0066.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: 0x80070426
    Cached Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x80070426
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-MH9QR-JGBFW-78KXD
    Windows Product Key Hash: yzxi84RR8yKM9zfryyxZ1hHOgcE=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7318817-11562
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {534B92B4-57A1-4FD9-A5EB-9A1140D5ED78}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_gdr.070828-1515
    TTS Error: M:20071212155903855-
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 104 Unknown PID
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2989-80070002_77F760FE-152-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3_B4D0AA8B-818-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\slc.dll[6.0.6000.16509]

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{534B92B4-57A1-4FD9-A5EB-9A1140D5ED78}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0066.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-78KXD</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7318817-11562</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-61303529-3674374328-2291861062</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>-</Manufacturer><Model>N/A                                            </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>COMPAL          </Manufacturer><Version>1.07</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070511000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>92313507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>Compal</OEMID><OEMTableID>CRESTLNE</OEMTableID></OEM><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>104</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-0031-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>104</LegitResult><Name>2007 Microsoft Office system</Name><Ver>12</Ver><PidType>0</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 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

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:10 PM
  • Locking Thread

If you have a WGA issue, please create your Own thread for your Own issue.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:27 PM