A message has a "vote as helpful" rating of -1 RRS feed

• Question

• http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/3aae3b66-6a1a-47e8-ad1b-b20b68eaecf8

The post is from Ssnake in this thread.

I tried to vote it as helpful.  It was taking too long to complete (but the message was still greyed out), so I clicked on a post a few above to vote it as helpful.  The second post got marked immediately, but the post from Ssnake didn't.  I refreshed the page and tried again.  I got an "unexpected error" popup (IE8, Win7 x64 RTM) after I tried to click the vote button.  I refreshed the page and tried again, got the same error.  I refreshed the page again, and this time I noticed that it has a vote of -1.

Can't have a lower score than zero in the current system, so please have someone take a look at this.

Want to know if your hardware will work on Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Microsoft Logo'd Hardware List**
    Monday, September 28, 2009 6:46 AM

Answers

• We have a bug on this and we're looking at this issue. It's a known problem right now. If the page is not fully loaded and you click on vote as helpful, it will direct you to a page with the check box "is helpful". If uncheck, this will cause the problem. We're very much aware of it and it's in our top list of bugs to be fixed.

Thank you
    Forums Test Lead
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:44 PM