none
Edit box ignores extra line breaks and other bugs.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

a few problems/bugs:

• since a few days, the post edit box ignores extra line breaks. That doesn't look very good. You have to manually add <br> to the html code to get them. (like i did here in this post)

• if you reached the bottom of the box and press "enter", new lines get added to your post, but the box doesn't scroll down and you have to manually scroll down.

• i can't resize the edit-box anymore (Firefox 10.0.2)

• every time you edit a post, a additional line break gets added to the bottom of the post. If people edit a post a few times, that leaves a big gap between the post and the "edited by" line.(see below)

• the powershell syntax highlighting (coloring) in the code box is a mess. Looks like it assigns colors randomly.. :)

Thanks, Denniver

Blog: http://bytecookie.wordpress.com

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge als "Hilfreich" und Beiträge die deine Frage ganz oder teilweise beantwortet haben als "Antwort".

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• We are upgrading the Telerik Editor to its later version. This will fix most of the issues reported by our customers.

This should go live in early April.

Thanks for reporting these issues.

Community Forums QA

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:33 PM
  • Another similar and faster workaround to your first bullet issue (until the permanent fix that Eduardo mentioned) is to press the spacebar on the space to make sure the white space displays when posted. For...

...Example.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:07 AM
    Owner
  • Yes, i do that already. But it's a pain in the ... :)

Thanks, Denniver

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge als "Hilfreich" und Beiträge die deine Frage ganz oder teilweise beantwortet haben als "Antwort".

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Its early May now and all the bugs mentioned above are still there. Has the update been delayed?

Thanks, Denniver

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:29 PM
  • And, are there no longer annoucements when there are updates?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:27 AM
  • Yes, i do that already. But it's a pain in the ... :)

Thanks, Denniver

True. It's better than going into the HTML though. Example...

Spacebar. Not too painful.

This might be "by design" (to avoid lots of unnecessary line breaks). We'll see.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, May 7, 2012 6:58 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

what about the other bugs i mentioned in the first post?

thanks, Denniver

Monday, May 7, 2012 7:04 PM
  • In the future, please try to do one thread per issue. The reason is that there will likely be different statuses on every one of these, and then how would you know how the statuses are going? Not very easily. And proposing and marking a thread like this is far less clear.

Testing your #2 issue.

It's where...

You get to the bottom...

Of the box...

and then...

press enter

I can't repro that one. Can you specify the scenario?

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:06 AM
    Owner
  • Regarding your #3, have you tried to resize the edit box in Chrome? I believe it also has the same "feature". This might be considered "not supported" since it's more like an attempt that some non-IE browsers make to give you a consistent feature. But I've seen a few sites where it isn't compatible. Regardless, I'm checking with the team to make sure.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:09 AM
    Owner
  • Testing your #4 (edit gives line break).

Edit 1:Ah yes. I'm familiar with this one. The line break is added after your signature, so with each edit, it broadens the gap between your signature and the status (such as "Edited by" or "Proposed by"). 

Edit 2: Testing the gap. 

Edit 3: More testing.

Edit 4: Now I'm going to try manually removing the gaps.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:09 AM
    Owner
  • Testing your #4 (edit gives line break).

Edit 1:Ah yes. I'm familiar with this one. The line break is added after your signature, so with each edit, it broadens the gap between your signature and the status (such as "Edited by" or "Proposed by"). 

Edit 2: Testing the gap. 

Edit 3: More testing.

Edit 4: Now I'm going to try manually removing the gaps.

Okay, so it's possible to manually remove the gaps (line breaks), which appear after your signature. Still a bug though. So this one is verified. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:13 AM
    Owner
  • The code feature is its own beast (your #5), so please make that one a separate thread.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:15 AM
    Owner
  • So I reported it to the team and they have it logged. Thanks!

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:48 PM
    Owner