none
Where do I post a request to Microsoft? RRS feed

• Question

• One  thing that REALLY REALLY REALLY bothers me is that when Vista or Windows 7 is scanning a setup file for digital signature, unpacks it internally (which might take several minutes depending on the size of the file), it doesn't show a Wait Cursor.

This is sooooooo horrible. User don't know that the setup has already started and wonder why nothing happens (no setup window is shown), double click the setup file again and again, and in the end their computer is totally bugged down because Windows has so many files that it is just scanning that the user feels that his computer is frozen.

Result: The user thinks that the setup is broken and won't install it.

Thank you for this great feature, whoever is guilty of this.

A simple Wait Cursor would have solved all this. The user would know that Windows is just doing something and the doesn't need to start the setup file again.

I have never said something like this, but whoever it was who forgot to make a wait cursor (over several years of Windows development now, this bug (yes I call it that!) is in since Vista now!) deserves solitary confinement.

I guess MS is not even aware of it. What would be the best way to request this (not the solitary confinement but the Wait Cursor)?

Hermie
    • Moved by Mike Feng Monday, June 20, 2011 11:04 AM (From:Visual Basic IDE)
    Friday, June 17, 2011 9:32 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure that this is VB Specific as nowhere in here do I see Visual basic mentioned,

Log bugs/issues/requests with microsoft through connect

http://connect.microsoft.com/

• Proposed as answer by Mike Feng Monday, June 20, 2011 11:01 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 9:38 PM
  • Hi Hermie,

Yes, if you have any concerns, you can post it on the spotty suggested site to send to Microsoft.

Now, I move this thread to off-topic since this is a forum for VB.net developers.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Mike Feng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, June 20, 2011 11:03 AM