xp validation RRS feed

• Question

•  I can't log on to run or validate. What do I do. I get an eror message and then it just logs the whole system of.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:40 AM

Answers

• PheNixx1,

Some users, when they try to bring up the Windows Product Activation window, the window does not come up,  comes up but displays a “Fault Error”, comes up and is blank, or they can't get to a point to bring up the window due to the looping issue. 

If one of these customer scenarios defines you, please see this post for a possible fix for your issue:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?query=Product+Activation+Looping&dg=&cat=en-us-ms-winxp&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=B0DE109D-10E1-4C3C-BCC9-8EB7A22FC6A0&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

or

KB330136 - 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330136/en-us 
    Windows XP Logs You Off When You Try to Activate the Product

If you are receiving the error "...the number of times you can activate Windows with this product key has been exceeded" while trying to Activation over the Internet, you are permitted to reinstall and activate XP as many times as you want to. This comes with the caveat that as long as your use of Windows XP is in compliance with the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA).  After a certain number of activations within a certain time period, automatic online activation will be suspended (This will also happen the first time you reinstall and activate some OEM versions of Windows XP), which will require that you do a Telephone Activation. To do so, rerun the Activate Windows Wizard and select "Activate my product using the telephone".  Follow the phone prompts.

If the automated telephone activation is not accepted, you will be offered the option to speak with a live activation representative.  Choose that option.  The rep will ask a few questions for the purpose of confirming that you are still using your license for Windows XP in accordance with the EULA.  If this is confirmed, the rep will issue an activation code for you to enter into the Activation Wizard.

Thank you for contacting us here in the WGA program forums.

Rick, MS

• Edited by RickImAPC Sunday, September 21, 2008 3:40 AM FMT TXT
    • Marked as answer by RickImAPC Monday, September 22, 2008 3:02 PM
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 3:31 AM