none
HPC SOA model: Using WebHttpBinding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've read that only BasicHttpBinding and NetTcpBinding WCF bindings are supported in HPC.
    The WebHttpBinding is essentially the BasicHttpBinding with MessageVersion.None setting.... so... why is the WebHttpBinding not supported?.

If I set the MessageVersion to None and I use BasicHttpBinding.... does it work in HPC?.

Thanks,
    Rodrigo.

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Our HPC Server 2008 is tested again .Net 3.0 and we didn't officially support WebHttpBinding because it comes with .Net 3.5. We only support Net.TCP binding and Basic HTTP binding in HPC Server 2008 RTM.

Can you tell me why you prefer a REST binding instead of Basic HTTP binding?

Thanks
    Yiding
    Friday, August 7, 2009 3:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We haven't tested WebHttpBinding with HPC Server 2008, you are suggested to use BasicHttpBinding in this case.

Can you let me know why you need WebHttpBinding instead of BasicHttpBinding?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

Well, I'd like to know if it is possible to use WCF Web programming model (REST) on HPC Server.... any ideas?

Thanks,
    Rodrigo.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

Our HPC Server 2008 is tested again .Net 3.0 and we didn't officially support WebHttpBinding because it comes with .Net 3.5. We only support Net.TCP binding and Basic HTTP binding in HPC Server 2008 RTM.

Can you tell me why you prefer a REST binding instead of Basic HTTP binding?

Thanks
    Yiding
    Friday, August 7, 2009 3:57 AM