how to stop open of crm records in new windows ms crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hai all,

I want to do the customization which is a bit tricky (I guess).

When ever we open record (Account, contact, etc.,)  in crm 2011, its opening in a new window which is the default functionality of the crm.

But I want it to open in the same page without poping up a new window. How can we acheive this functionality.

Thanks in Advance

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Sravani,

You can't do that I guess. But you can open new tabs instead of new window.

Go to Internet Options in internet explorer.

General tab-> Under the tabs sections click on the  settings button beside the "Change how web pages are displayed in tabs"

Under the "When a popup is encountered" section select "Always open popups in new tab".

Restart the browser.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful" Thank you, DT

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:09 AM
  • HI Sravani,

Good question,

But I hope it not possible in CRM 2011.

Regards,

Pavan Joshi

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Hai Dibyasingh Tripathy,

I dont want to open in a new tab also, I just want to open in the same window in place of grid getting displayed.

Will this be possible.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:11 AM
  • You may have to wait for CRM 2013 - the new user interface appears to be eliminating a lot of the pop ups. 

http://blog.simonjackson.info/2013/07/new-features-in-microsoft-dynamics-2013.html

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:25 PM
  • It's quite possible.  With IE, go to tools, internet options, Tabs.  There are controls for how you want the browser version of CRM to behave.  

I don't think these apply to the Outlook for CRM 2011 client however.  

Dean Headley

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:58 PM