none
Gallery Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Notifications from the Gallery aren't being sent.

Example... I received a rating for a contribution, but the email or notification was never sent to my email.  However ones from the 4th I have received. 

Basically I don't know who to thank. :)

~Christine

Friday, January 6, 2012 11:14 PM

Answers

• I'll touch base with the Gallery team because we should still be talking between gallery and profile.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 6:37 PM
  • Thank you Sean.  My profile/activity just updated a bunch at once. 

I've still not gotten the notifications I was looking for, but I suspect they'll follow soon enough.

~Christine

Monday, January 9, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Thanks for notifying us about this issue. I work on the Expression Gallery and there was an issue with notifications not getting sent out. It should be remedied now. 

Let me know if you have now received your notifications.

Thanks,

-Matt

-Matt
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Hi Christine,

There were issues with the galleries Notification service disrupting the transmission of various messages to users. We have remedied this issue and have a more long term fix to prevent this from happening in the future lined up for our next release on the 19th.

Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Monday, January 9, 2012 9:29 PM

All replies

• HI Christine !

You can configure this by going to "http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/" -> Click "My Notifications" -> Click "Email Notifications" and you can configure the "Receive Notifications By Email" and you can set your email address in "Send Notification to" text box.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks,
    Hasham

Monday, January 9, 2012 5:08 AM
  • Thanks for replying Hasham.  I already had that set up.

Since I posted this I had uploaded another project to the Gallery and noticed my profile didn't update with the number of contributions or the archive list didn't show that I had uploaded.

So I suspect the Gallery just isn't talking to the profile anymore.  Which is fine if it is a new way y'all are doing things.

~Christine

I'm not talking about the technet gallery.  I mean the Expression gallery.  http://gallery.expression.microsoft.com/

I would think they'd be linked like the forums, but it appears they are not.  Perhaps I've posted in the wrong forum.  If so I am very sorry.

Monday, January 9, 2012 4:09 PM
  • I'll touch base with the Gallery team because we should still be talking between gallery and profile.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 6:37 PM
  • Thank you Sean.  My profile/activity just updated a bunch at once. 

I've still not gotten the notifications I was looking for, but I suspect they'll follow soon enough.

~Christine

Monday, January 9, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Thanks for notifying us about this issue. I work on the Expression Gallery and there was an issue with notifications not getting sent out. It should be remedied now. 

Let me know if you have now received your notifications.

Thanks,

-Matt

-Matt
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Hi Christine,

There were issues with the galleries Notification service disrupting the transmission of various messages to users. We have remedied this issue and have a more long term fix to prevent this from happening in the future lined up for our next release on the 19th.

Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Monday, January 9, 2012 9:29 PM
  • Matthew and Matt... y'all are stars!  I'm very impressed at how quickly y'all respond to problems.

And no need to apologize.  Stuff happens.  Still no back notifications and I've not received any new ratings to be able to tell you if it's working, but I'm sure it is fine.

~Christine

Monday, January 9, 2012 11:37 PM
  • I am a new msdn subscriber and I don't have anything submitted to expressions, but I have recieived about 5 notification emails yesterday and one this morning.  I'm not bothered by it, but I thought I should briing it to your attention.

Marie

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:47 PM