Can't use Windows Update! RRS feed

• Question

• I can't use Windows update, I don't get a specific error, but the page says, "The page cannot be displayed."

On the bottom of the page it shows:

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

I can use any site other than Microsoft update.

I have reformatted my computer numerous times and nothing, I have tried many of the "solutions" from microsoft and other sites and nothing.

I do not know what to do now.

I am running Windows XP.

I have Service Pack 2.

Please if anyone could help me ,I would appreciate it very much!

Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:27 AM

Answers

• "edwardj7337" wrote in message news:20168ed2-2e17-4fbc-968d-7bd045d64357...
    I don't know if you are able to move this thread to the correct place, but I have tried to make a new thread in that area but I am unable to. so if someone could please move it there I would be a happy trooper.

The WU forum is read-only at the moment as the system undergoes an upgrade - try again in a few hours.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:44 AM

All replies

• Thank you for visiting the Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues Forum.  Your inquiry can best be answered by the Windows Updates experts in the  Windows Updates Forum.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:45 AM
  • I don't know if you are able to move this thread to the correct place, but I have tried to make a new thread in that area but I am unable to. so if someone could please move it there I would be a happy trooper.
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:00 AM
  • "edwardj7337" wrote in message news:20168ed2-2e17-4fbc-968d-7bd045d64357...
    I don't know if you are able to move this thread to the correct place, but I have tried to make a new thread in that area but I am unable to. so if someone could please move it there I would be a happy trooper.

The WU forum is read-only at the moment as the system undergoes an upgrade - try again in a few hours.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:44 AM