none
windows update error code 643

Question

• Thanks to Pastime for the fix to this error it worked a treat......This is such an easy fix for error code 643 that even I could do it.  Go into Control Panel and select User Account.  In User Accounts turn off User Account Controls.  Restart your computer.  Do the annoying update.....and it actually updates!!!!  Then go back to User Accounts and turn the User Accounts Control on:)))  Restart computer and it is done....finally!!!
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Tuesday, September 06, 2011 5:47 AM off topic (From:Application Security for Windows Desktop)
    Monday, August 22, 2011 2:01 PM

All replies

• Are you mistaken this forum as a Windows Forum? This forum is for Windows security APIs, which can only be used if you write security aware software like Google Chrome or Norton Antivirus.

By the way your steps won't work on every windows update error code 643 problem, 643  means ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE, an error code used in all kinds of installation problems (e.g. I could use it when the system drive is running out of disk space or a custom action failed). Generally there is no easy way to track down this error unless there is some kind of logs created by the update package's author (which won't be the Windows Update team, they are just the deliver man)

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Just wanted to say THANKS, Debz15!  I've been trying for weeks to update & kept getting the error 643 -- wasted countless hours with MS troubleshooting, etc.   Thanks for posting the solution you found and also saying that it was easy, as this made it was the first topic I picked from and it worked like a charm! No more wasted time!
    Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:18 PM
  • it really worked Debz15 ,thnk u for ur help .
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 8:11 AM