• Question

• It's really irritating me

I have a good server
    Tyan TigerMPX 2466 Mobo
    AMD 2x 2800MP
    2gb Crucial DDR ECC
    3ware 9500-12 Raid Controller
    160gb WD SE Primary
    11*200gb Seagate SATA RAID5 with a hotspare.
    Pioneer DVD-ROM (slot loading one)

Now why can't I get this to install? mainly because of the dvd boot enviroment as far as I can tell.
    I can't find any other reason that it shouldn't work. I never see the DVD try to boot and I've verified that it's set to boot from CD/DVD. I've booted the server from other CD's and DVD's but the Home Server DVD just will NOT BOOT on this system. It boots on my other systems in the house. I'm gonna try and run the setup on another PC and hope to move it over to the Server I have.

Any other suggestions?
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:17 AM

Answers

• Probably either your MB can only boot off of CD, or your DVD drive can only boot off of CD. Can you temporarily swap a known-good drive in to check?
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:10 PM

All replies

• Probably either your MB can only boot off of CD, or your DVD drive can only boot off of CD. Can you temporarily swap a known-good drive in to check?
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:10 PM
  • So I tried this thinking... they're the same drive, it won't work. But apparently they had different firmwares on them even though they are the same model purchased at the same time.

Everything is crusing along at a medium pace.and I'm updating the firmware as we speak.

Thanks for the help

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:45 PM