Federation problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Just finished to build OCS 2007 R2 and CWA. Internal users works fine. I am now working on federating with other domain. I added some users from that domain (abc.com) but I couldn't able to send message to them. I have done all the things below:

Edge server is running in DMZ without any problems
    2 "Allow discovery of federation partners" is selected
    3 Added "abc.com" to allow tab onEdge server
    4 On user properties, "Ebable public IM connection" has been selected.
    5 _sipfederationtls._tcp.mydomain.com has been added to my external DNS

When I send message to that external user. I got the message below:

This message was not delivered to xxxxx@abc.com because the address is outside of your organization and is not federated with your company, or the address is incorrect. Please contact your system administrator with this information. (ID: 1008)

May I know what I need to do? Do i need any others public certificate installed?
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:49 AM

Answers

• It appears that you are mixing up the configuration settings between Federation and Public IM.  For OCS-to-OCS federation you only need to enable OCs and the indivudual users for 'Federation', you can ignore the Public IM Connectivity settings for now.

You also need to configure some federation settings on the internal OCS configuration as well, and not just the Edge server itself.  Check the 'Fedeation' tab under the Global Properties and add the Edge Internal FQDN and listening port (5061 by default).
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:31 PM
  • Hi ,

are your Users configured to use federation too?
    Enable PIC is just for AOL, Yahoo, Msn connectivity.
    Be sure to enable them for federation.
    And what about the federated domain? Is this domain and their access edge correctly configured? That else plays a role in configuring federation.

Michael

Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

are your Users configured to use federation too?
    Enable PIC is just for AOL, Yahoo, Msn connectivity.
    Be sure to enable them for federation.
    And what about the federated domain? Is this domain and their access edge correctly configured? That else plays a role in configuring federation.

Michael

Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:25 AM
  • It appears that you are mixing up the configuration settings between Federation and Public IM.  For OCS-to-OCS federation you only need to enable OCs and the indivudual users for 'Federation', you can ignore the Public IM Connectivity settings for now.

You also need to configure some federation settings on the internal OCS configuration as well, and not just the Edge server itself.  Check the 'Fedeation' tab under the Global Properties and add the Edge Internal FQDN and listening port (5061 by default).
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:31 PM
  • hi
    Any update for your issue.
    Kmitt and Jeff gave good suggestions, try it.

Regards!
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:26 AM