Don't receive "Missed Call Notifications" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I deployed OCS 2007 Standard Edition and I face the following problem. I have 3 test users: User1, User2, and User3.

When User2 or User3 initiates a call to User1 and then hang up before User1 answers the call, User1 does not receive a Missed Call Notification. But when User1 initiates a call to either User2 or User3 and hang up befor they answer the call, they successfully receive a Missed Call Notification. The Missed Call Notifications are also received for both calls User2 -> User3 and User3 -> User2. In the same time when User1 is set to DND he receives a Missed Conversation Notification when someone try to send an instant message to him...

To summarize: a single user never receives a Missed Call Notification.

Can anybody help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Lubo.

Monday, October 1, 2007 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Lubo,

Don't forget to look in Outlook, options, voicemail tab and ensure that User 1 has "send me an e-mail when I miss a call" checked. To the best of my knowledge, that's the only place to se that.

Regards,

Matt

Monday, October 1, 2007 6:12 PM
  • Hi Matt,

thank you for your reply. All the users have "send me an e-mail when I miss a call" checked.

I found the problem. I'm using Exchange 2007 without SP1 because as far as I know it is still beta. It turns out that when a user is enabled for UM that user does not receives the Missed Call Notifications. That was the only difference between User1 and User2, User3. After I disabled User1 for UM that user started receiving the Missed Call Notifications. Furthermore when I enabled User2 for UM, he stopped receiving the Missed Call Notifications...

I don't know if that is a bug, a feature, or is expected behaviour when you don't have Exchange 2007 SP1 installed.

I'll be happy if some who knows how enabling a user for Ex2007 UM influences that user's ability to receive Missed Call Notifications in Office Communicator 2007 share that info.

Lubo.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 10:16 AM
  •  

Hi Lubo,

I've seen this happen when the UM mailbox policy doesn't have "allow missed call notifications". Exchange-->organization-->UM-->UM Mailbox Policies. Right click on the policy and on the general tab it should give you a box for "allow missed call notifications".

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 1:28 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Sorry for my late reply. I have that setting checked. Furthermore I took these steps (in both my lab and production environments) :

1. Create a new UM Mailbox Policy. By default it has "allow missed call notifications" checked.
    2. Create a new user.
    3. Enable the user for UM
    4. Enable the user for OCS 2007

The result was that the new user was successfully logs in into the MOC 2007, but again he does not receives the missed calls notifications !!! When I disabled the user for UM, he almost immediately started to receive them?? Smile

After that in my lab environment I deployed Exchange 2007 SP1 and followed the steps for enabling Ex2007 UM <--> OCS 2007 intergration. And the Missed Call Notifications started the appear no matter if a user is enabled for UM or not. So I suppose that the Ex2007 SP1 solves that problem. I'll wait for it to become RTM and will hope that it solve the problem and in my production environment.

thank you for your help

Lubo.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:51 PM