Window's Live One Care Unable to Start RRS feed

• Question

• I recently downloaded the 60-day trail version from Microsoft.com. Becuase of the trojans that had infected my computer. Whenever I try to start my One care and do a virus scan it  a messsage with the following appears " Windows Live OneCar has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this inconveniance." What should I do?
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:08 PM

Answers

• Oddly enough, I was reminded yesterday that this error can be caused by having the date and time incorrect on your PC. So, first thing to check would be the month/day/year and time in your PC clock in the System Tray.

The second possibility is a corrupt .Net Framework 2.0 install, but that would be unlikely if OneCare was just installed and *never* worked. If however, this just started and OneCare was working before, (and the clock is correct - reboot after changing it, to be sure) I would try repairing .Net. Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, .Net Framework 2.0 - click the entry and when the un-installer starts, select repair. Reboot when finished and see if OneCare open. Try the date first, though.

-steve

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:48 PM

All replies

• Josh;

You may want to try running the OneCare Safety Scanner Full Service scan first to attempt to clear away any infection before you try to run the installed subscription trial again: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:25 PM
  • Oddly enough, I was reminded yesterday that this error can be caused by having the date and time incorrect on your PC. So, first thing to check would be the month/day/year and time in your PC clock in the System Tray.

The second possibility is a corrupt .Net Framework 2.0 install, but that would be unlikely if OneCare was just installed and *never* worked. If however, this just started and OneCare was working before, (and the clock is correct - reboot after changing it, to be sure) I would try repairing .Net. Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, .Net Framework 2.0 - click the entry and when the un-installer starts, select repair. Reboot when finished and see if OneCare open. Try the date first, though.

-steve

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:48 PM