none
My post was marked as spam

Question

• Not sure why my post was marked as spam, Perhapse I broke a rule i'm not aware of??

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2ed8620d-b323-4573-89ac-848edf36e290/how-to-sort-in-datagridview-using-ef-and-repository-layers?forum=winformsdesigner

My last post was marked as spam. Is there a hidden record of it you can see?  It contained a good number of similar lines of code as an example of data I was using in a program.

like: employees.Add(new Employee("Pilgrim Mortgage Llc", "TVSA", 12, new DateTime(2015, 10, 28)));

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:54 PM

Answers

• Nice trick, but the XML can be hard to read. Still, in the XML I see the following near the post marked abusive:

Marked Abusive by Reply Auto Spam Filter

The user is identified by GUID, but in this case it is not a real user. A moderator or forums administrator should review this thread.

Edit: And if I am not mistaken, the XML reveals that the post was undeleted by Sri Divya a few minutes after it was marked abusive (with the reason "Not a spam post"). This person neglected to clear the abusive report.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:09 AM

All replies

• I can't see the reason. Only moderators in that forum or forums admins can see it. Might have presented in forum better if you put the records in a code window. You can send an email with details to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:08 PM
  • A moderator in that forum can view who marked the post as spam, and there should be a reason listed. It could have been a spam filter, and false positives happen. If the moderator in that thread doesn't help, email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. The forum administrators can investigate. I have often seen where they realize the report is false and remove the abusive marking.

Looking at the post, my guess is that the references to company names might have triggered the spam filter.

Is the post still marked abusive? When I refreshed just now it seemed to be removed.

Edit: Nope, apparently you need to be authenticated in FireFox to see if a post is marked abusive. Either that or I am seeing a different version of the thread from a different server. In IE I couldn't see any of the names in the thread, even after repeated refreshes, but the last post was marked abusive.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:13 PM
  • In IE

You can use  &outputAs=XML

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:33 PM
  • In IE

You can use  &outputAs=XML

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Good point Robert

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:37 PM
  • Nice trick, but the XML can be hard to read. Still, in the XML I see the following near the post marked abusive:

Marked Abusive by Reply Auto Spam Filter

The user is identified by GUID, but in this case it is not a real user. A moderator or forums administrator should review this thread.

Edit: And if I am not mistaken, the XML reveals that the post was undeleted by Sri Divya a few minutes after it was marked abusive (with the reason "Not a spam post"). This person neglected to clear the abusive report.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:09 AM
  • Still an issue?

Saturday, November 12, 2016 3:33 AM