Report Not Showing All Data RRS feed

• Question

• I created an rdl report using

DataProvider = MSCRMFETCH
    SecurityType = DataBase
    CommandText = fetch version=1.0

When I go into the "Query Designer" of my dataset (embedded in report) and execute the query I got all the items expected. However, when I go to "Preview" of my rdl report I only get a small subset. The same happens with the report deployed. I am logged in as the system admin and have access to all data. Why do I not see all the data in preview and the deployment?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:27 PM

Answers

• Brett, I was reducing the fetch to paste it here and suddenly got an unexpected error. It turns out that one of the fields was used as a group criteria for my row group. After removing it all data was shown. What I am not sure how I can see the other groups. I guess I would have to add an input field where the user can chose the group and then I use that in my grouping expression. Anyways, it's not actually something I need. The actual issue is solved now.
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you include your fetch statement? Also, for the preview while in visual studio. believe you have to scroll to see all data. Are there multiple pages if the data is being presented in a table format? Assume its probably not a permissions issue since your logged in as an administrator. Also guessing the dataset doesn't have any hard coded credentials in it(may be worth a double check).

Let me know when you get a moment!

Thanks,

Brett

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 6:48 PM
  • Brett, I was reducing the fetch to paste it here and suddenly got an unexpected error. It turns out that one of the fields was used as a group criteria for my row group. After removing it all data was shown. What I am not sure how I can see the other groups. I guess I would have to add an input field where the user can chose the group and then I use that in my grouping expression. Anyways, it's not actually something I need. The actual issue is solved now.
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Glad to hear this got sorted for you. Always ends up being something little!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Fetch is limited to 5000 records.

Follow these steps in this blog

http://mscrmbi.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/fetch-xml-5000-records-limitation.html

Padmakar - http://gpadmakar.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 11:29 PM