is there another way to get early binding than a web reference to the WSDL? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm maintaining someone else's development and I see early bound values -- new_onitemreasonclosed.ClosedBy_System -- yet I see no web references to the WSDL.  Is there a fancier way to introduce the customizations that I don't know about?

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:04 PM

Answers

• Hello mardukes,

If i understand your question correctly, you want to access to the CRM webServices.

There are a few ways to connect to the CRM WebServices from the SDK using DLL's.  One of them (and probably the easiest way) is using CrmConnection class and the "Xrm.cs" class generated by CrmSvcUtil.exe.

It's configured/coded like this:

CrmConnection CRM = new CrmConnection("CRM_SERVICE");
     OrganizationService _service = new OrganizationService(CRM);

where 'CRM_SERVICE' is the key to the connection string in the app.config/web.config:

<connectionStrings>
      <add name="CRM_SERVICE" connectionString="Url=http://sampleCRM.org:5555/MyCRM; Username=usernameSample; Password=PasswordSample; Domain=domain;"/>
    </connectionStrings>

If you find these in the config file, that was probably the method used.

Kind Regards,
    Pedro

• Edited by Pedro Beltrao Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, March 4, 2015 5:30 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hello mardukes,

If i understand your question correctly, you want to access to the CRM webServices.

There are a few ways to connect to the CRM WebServices from the SDK using DLL's.  One of them (and probably the easiest way) is using CrmConnection class and the "Xrm.cs" class generated by CrmSvcUtil.exe.

It's configured/coded like this:

CrmConnection CRM = new CrmConnection("CRM_SERVICE");
     OrganizationService _service = new OrganizationService(CRM);

where 'CRM_SERVICE' is the key to the connection string in the app.config/web.config:

<connectionStrings>
      <add name="CRM_SERVICE" connectionString="Url=http://sampleCRM.org:5555/MyCRM; Username=usernameSample; Password=PasswordSample; Domain=domain;"/>
    </connectionStrings>

If you find these in the config file, that was probably the method used.

Kind Regards,
    Pedro

• Edited by Pedro Beltrao Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:54 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:49 PM
  • Hello,

Recheck following article - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg327844.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Yes, it's been so long (ever?) that I dealt with early binding that was confused.  Thank you both for the assistance.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 5:32 PM