none
Is 2003 Certification still attainable? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've checked the exam expriation and don't see that the 2003 MCSE exams have expired.

I am now working for a large corporation that DOES NOT plan to move to 2008, at least for the time being.  My position requires me to be familiar with server 2003 and citrix 4.6.  SO, I thought I would try to update my 00 MSCE to 03 then to 08 (when the employer decides to move, or shortly before).

Can you point me in the right direction?  I have taken tests in the past, and have seen the test from the varius sites, ie VUE and Prometric are still available.  I wanted to make sure I fully understood whether or not I would be able to first be able to take the 03 exams, then also to be able to get an 03 certification.  If not, its not a really big issue, cause I feel like it would still be validation by passing the exams.

Bob

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:16 PM

Answers

• The MCSE 2003 is still available, however the upgrade exams to go from MCSE 2000 to 2003 were retired some time ago.  You would have to start from scratch and take/pass all 7 of the required exams.

That said, keep in mind that this is a certification based on technology that's 9+ years old.  Best recommendation would be to pursue the Server 2008 MCTS/MCITP course of study.

Also, Prometric is now Microsoft's provider for the exams.  VUE is out of the picture.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by BobnTulsa Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:39 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:07 PM
    Answerer