none
Pressing TAB after typing subject puts the focus in the "toolbar" instead of the message box RRS feed

• Question

• From Email and other programs, I think most of us are accustomed to pressing TAB to move from one box for text input to the next. It's rather disconcerting - and interrups workflow - to have to take the hands off the keyboard in order to move from the subject line to the message box. I can see no logical reason (from the user standpoint) of moving from the subject line to the set of editing tools.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO and Word MVP
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:39 PM

Answers

• Cindy,

This has been 'previously' reported, and hopefully, on the 'fix' list.
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:59 PM
  • It's something we're aware of on the dev team. I, too, would like TAB to take you into the message box. Unfortunately, there isn't a good way to get out of the message box to submit (since both TAB and ENTER do text formatting functions in the editor).

So yes, it's on our radar.

Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:26 PM

All replies

• Cindy,

This has been 'previously' reported, and hopefully, on the 'fix' list.
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:59 PM
  • It's something we're aware of on the dev team. I, too, would like TAB to take you into the message box. Unfortunately, there isn't a good way to get out of the message box to submit (since both TAB and ENTER do text formatting functions in the editor).

So yes, it's on our radar.

Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:26 PM