locked
Javascript Error: "There was an error with this field's customized event"? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, 

    We have recently upgraded from CRM4 to CRM 2011. 

    We get the following error when creating a new Contract Line (Contract_Detail).

    We have no custom JavaScript on this page. I have even tried creating a new Contract Line Form, but the same error message appears.

    I have tried debugging using F12, but no joy, and Fiddler doesn't give me much to go on.

    There are a lot of errors similiar to this reported, but none of the solutions have helped resolve this problem

    Any suggestions?.

    Thanks,

    Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:21 PM

Answers

  • The problem has now been fixed.

    I tried all the methods above, but none gave me the correct solution. 

    Using the build in IE debugger and going through the JavaScript line by line, it was because i had removed the allotmentused field.

    • Marked as answer by goulding Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:02 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:02 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I know you said that you don't have any jscript on your contract / contract line entities, but try using this tool http://jswebresourcemanager.codeplex.com/. It pulls all the jscript web resources from your database and allows you to amend and import/publish. It may highlight something you maybe missed. The 'DataValue' property is v4 syntax so there must be custom jscript somewhere.

    Then, this tool is useful for upgrading your v4 script http://crm2011scriptconvert.codeplex.com/

    I find both of these tools used in conjunction can help greatly during upgrade projects where script must be evaluated/upgraded.

    One last thing, I have noticed that after upgrading, crm doesn't always add the parentheses in the right place for onchange events causing them to be encapsulated within the onload function.

    I hope that helps

    Rob


    Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (CRM) GAP Consulting Ltd Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011

    Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Rob,

    The first tool has given me a good view of all the custom jscript. I can see various bits of code trying to use DataValue. Although none appear to be directly associated with the Contract Line form, there are bits related to both the Account and Contact all generated from the Dynamics NAV/CRM connector we have just attempted to implement.

    I will go through the various jscript files removing references to DataValue, to see if the error still occurs.

    Thanks for the pointer.
    Craig

    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:47 PM
  • I've gone through all the JavaScript which was loaded using the js web resource manager above, and I still get the same error. There is no DataValue mentioned in any of the javascript returned.

    I did notice the issue you about parenthese for the Form_Onload, and all this has been resolved also.

    Thanks,

    Craig


    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:58 AM
  • Your problem is discussed in my blog please check it.

    crm-2011-form-errors-when-opening-non

    May be this link also helps you.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2494575

    Thanks

    Mubasher

    Blog: http://mubashersharif.blogspot.com
    Email: mubasher.sharif@gmail.com
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".


    Mubasher

    • Proposed as answer by MubasherSharif Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:50 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:20 PM
  • The problem has now been fixed.

    I tried all the methods above, but none gave me the correct solution. 

    Using the build in IE debugger and going through the JavaScript line by line, it was because i had removed the allotmentused field.

    • Marked as answer by goulding Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:02 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:02 PM