How to call plugin/workflow on page load in CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to call plugin/workflow on page load or at the time of opening the form. 

Is there any way to do that?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ravideep

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If you will register your plugin on retrieve event it will trigger when you will open your entity record, could provide some information what you want to implement.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:54 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

I have to get some data from third party service which is called from plugin and plugin returns some value, that value we have to hide in to form.

Please suggest.

Thanks for reply.

Regards

Ravideep 

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:13 AM
  • you can create an Action(Processes in 2013) by using javascript trigger the Action and 

create a plugin trigger on that action 

when the form load execute the javascript on load call the action

on trigger the action your plugin will also trigger.

check this

http://deepakexploring.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/actions-in-crm-2013/

ms crm

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:16 AM
  • OK,

1. Can't you can third party webservice using client side code ?

2. Why you are specifically looking for only when form will load can't you call it on create/update ?

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

when we call actions from javascript we need entity id of particular record, but we don't have entity id. because we have not created yet.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:30 AM
  • you can use global actions ....

ms crm

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

How to call global actions from javascript.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:42 AM
  • Using Actions are best suited option here. 

Actions takes input parameter of type boolean,datetime, entity, entityreference, decimal , float, money, string integer etc.

Similarly it can have output parameters.

So on page load you can invoke Action, which will basically execute Custom Workflow Activity and return the results. 

Actions can be invoked using SOAP calls which can be synchronous or async.

HTH

MaKeer | myencounterwithcrm.wordpress.com | CRM2011 User Settings Utility | CRM2011 Lookup Preview | CRM2011 Lookup Attribute Mapping | CRM2011 TreeView Control (Beta) | CRM2011 N:N Entity View (Beta) | CRM 2011 Global Quick Search (Beta)

Friday, April 25, 2014 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

I am getting an error "Workflow {} id does not exist"  while import solution in CRM 2013 .

Thanks & Regards

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:39 AM
  • What components have you put in the solution ?

Are there any warnings about missing dependencies when you export or import the solution ?

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:17 AM