none
How to link MS MPI with intel Fortran ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to MPI. I want to convert my code (In house FORTRAN code) using MPI and test it in my PC. I have downloaded the msi version of MSMPI and installed in the PC. However, I found it difficult to compile in the intel cmd terminal. 

Also, I couldn't find any tutorial or supplementary materials for MSMPI online. Most of the older links are broken in the updated website. I have preliminary experience with intel MPI, However I want to run using MSMPI. I will itemize the question as below:

1. How to link the MPI libraries with intel fortran without using VS app? (I have integrated VS and intel FORTRAN. However, I dont use VS for buiding and compiling the codes anymore. I compile the codes in the terminal)

2. using intel, msiifort used to compile the code and msiexec is used to execute the code. Is it the same with MSMPI or I have to use different commands? If so, where can I get those manuals?

3. can anyone share the old instruction manual if they have any?

Thanks for your support.

bests,

-Pradeep

Monday, February 3, 2020 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Pardeep,

There are 2 downloads for every msmpi release (ex https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57467): msmpisetup.exe and msmpisdk.msi. The first one installs mpi runtime, and the other - sdk, libs and include files that you will need to build your application.

You should be able to compile you parallel code with msmpi using intel compiler. Just provide path to mpi.h as additional include directory, and path to right arch version of msmpi.lib as additional library directory. You should also list msmpi.lib for linking. Then build.

After that you should be able to run your parallel app using: mpiexec -n 2 app.exe

Hope it helps, Anna

Thursday, February 6, 2020 6:23 PM