Windows 8 and Metro UI RRS feed

• General discussion

• Why is Microsoft doubling down on Metro?

I am an end user. I have ZERO (read 0, zilc, nada, NONE, NOTHING) interest in your attempts to make the desktop version of your software more touch screen friendly. I do not want anything, seriously, NOTHING to do with anything that is not a GUI desktop in the same fashion as previous releases. 

The recently changes DRIVE ME UP THE F%*&ING WALL. I have NO INTEREST IN IT WHAT-SO-EVER. How dare you try to force this down my throat without asking me, or giving me the ability to bypass it. Everyone hates this crap. Look at your sales. You want tablets and phones to behave this way? Fine, allow Metro. BUT I DON'T WANT IT ON MY DESKTOP. I CANNOT STAND IT. It is incredibly frustrating. You have no chance of converting me, only in making me more angry. 

You have competition Microsoft. It's called Linux. And it's free. And much easier to modify to my liking. 

We don't want your silly attempts at feng shui. Drop Metro, or you will continue to drop more customers

Friday, September 20, 2013 8:54 PM

All replies

• The more I read about this crap, the more I can't help but think that Microsoft is blind to the criticism. I don't hate it because it is different. I hate it because it is in my face, I cannot disable it, and is slower/less productive. 

I paid to sign a petition to get this bull off my OS. I want it gone. I want it gone now. Do it or lose a customer. Those are your options. This is not a request. It is a demand.

..|..

Friday, September 20, 2013 9:00 PM
  • I'm with you.I already have a tablet, and the touchscreen option.

On my laptop, however, I don't need Metro UI or the fricking takeover of my desktop.

Metro sucks on desktop computers and only frustrates me when it takes over my normal desktop actions.

I click on something and get redirected to an app on metro.

These apps are not user friendly and only cause me to curse everything Microsoft.

Get rid of metro forever!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:00 PM