none
Exporting to Excel - Incorrect totals - Currency problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've just exported my 2010 transactions into Excel to do some further analysis.  I've noticed that the balance is incorrect.

It seems the items in my report in a foreign currency are exporting as shown and not as their pounds equivilant.  I'm assuming that MS-Money is automatically converting them in the background to get the correct report totals.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and does anyone know of a simple workaround.  Currently my best option is to find them one-by-one and make a manual change.

Thank you for any help

Ian

Saturday, February 5, 2011 9:53 AM

Answers

• You can enter your transactions either in GBP or the source currency. If you enter them in their source currency they will be converted at the current exchange rate. The converted amount will vary as the exchange rate varies.

If you want consistent sterling values you must enter your transactions in GBP, converting them yourself at the relevant date. Whether you use the exchange rate at date of transaction entry, date of transaction or some other date is up to you to decide.

You could separate your reports by source currency - the account(s) held in that currency - and then combine the reports after converting to GBP at whichever exchange rate you chose to use.

Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:02 AM