Import Organization RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have imported an organization through Deployment Manager, I did it sucessfully. But, I have a doubt at "mapping users" section. I am not able to understand the option(Auto Map--> Auto map settings). He provided 4 options, i am getting confusion with these options(especially 3rd option, Prefix). Can any body explain me about these options?.

thanku.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The automapping users feature in the Import Organization Wizard lets you choose between the following:
     - Active Directory account name - it matches based on the user AD logon name

- Microsoft Dynamics CRM full name to Active Directory full name - it matches users based on their full names, i.e. user from the imported organization with a particular full name will be mapped to the AD user with the same display full name

-
    Prefix - that option is tricky, indeed. What it does is it maps all the users taken from the imported organization to the specific AD user accounts with specified prefix and incremented value. So, if you have two users: Alan and John, and you have two accounts in AD: <prefix>01, <prefix>02 (e.g. User01), Alan and John will be mapped to <prefix>01 and <prefix>02 respectively. Note that you have to have those AD accounts created before, the Import Organization Wizard will not create those accounts for you. If you have more users in the organization being imported than accounts in AD, an error will occur and only those that could be mapped in an order will be mapped, and you will be able to map the rest by yourself.

-
    Use existing mapping file - select this option if you have created an XML mapping file to import users.

I hope that helps. If it does, please mark it for others.

Regards,
    Kuba Skałbania

-- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The automapping users feature in the Import Organization Wizard lets you choose between the following:
     - Active Directory account name - it matches based on the user AD logon name

- Microsoft Dynamics CRM full name to Active Directory full name - it matches users based on their full names, i.e. user from the imported organization with a particular full name will be mapped to the AD user with the same display full name

-
    Prefix - that option is tricky, indeed. What it does is it maps all the users taken from the imported organization to the specific AD user accounts with specified prefix and incremented value. So, if you have two users: Alan and John, and you have two accounts in AD: <prefix>01, <prefix>02 (e.g. User01), Alan and John will be mapped to <prefix>01 and <prefix>02 respectively. Note that you have to have those AD accounts created before, the Import Organization Wizard will not create those accounts for you. If you have more users in the organization being imported than accounts in AD, an error will occur and only those that could be mapped in an order will be mapped, and you will be able to map the rest by yourself.

-
    Use existing mapping file - select this option if you have created an XML mapping file to import users.

I hope that helps. If it does, please mark it for others.

Regards,
    Kuba Skałbania

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:12 PM
  • hi kuba,

Thanks for your post. Now I can understand these options very clearly.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:43 AM
  • I'm glad I could help :).
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:56 PM